DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I'm not saying I want that, but I would be a lot more interested in it in 2017 than I was back when they actually ran it.

EDIT: In regards to the HHH/Cena thing, not Rollins getting hurt. Always quote, everyone.

To be fair - and to go with Raziel's post

They could already know that it isn't too too bad in that at least Rollins will be ready for Mania so gave Joe the go ahead and are now morphing it into the story

So shoot that became a work

So you know... wrestling

37 minutes ago, ChrisM said:

Has Joe vs KO/Steen ever happened? 

They had a match in NXT when Joe first came in, but the general consensus was that they were holding back for a bigger match down the line that never ended up happening.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MonteCarl said:

If Seth is off Mania, keep HHH off the card, too. No need to shoehorn him in there against somebody else. It's already going to be way too bloated of a card, so we don't need HHH taking up 40 minutes of time.

Triple threat mixed tag: Cena/Nikki vs Miz/Maryse vs Trips/Steph!

Another idea to roll with if Seth can't go, have Joe say that as payment for taking out Seth, he wants John Cena at WrestleMania. You don't have to do that announcement immediately. You can hold off on that announcement if Cena does drop the belt at Elimination Chamber. Hell, Joe could cause Cena to lose the title. That way you get an inter-brand match and you still get Joe vs Cena.

By Mike Johnson on 2017-02-01 13:56:00
WWE Universal champion Kevin Owens vs. Brock Lesnar for the first time has been announced for the 3/13 WWE return to Madison Square Garden.  So, while this is a Smackdown Live event, WWE is sending a Raw main event talent to face Lesnar.

Also advertised for MSG:

*Randy Orton vs. Luke Harper.

*WWE Intercontinental champion Dean Ambrose vs. The Miz vs. Baron Corbin.

*Dolph Ziggler vs. Apollo Crews.

*Also advertised is Tamina.

I figure the eventual plan (or one that makes the most sense anyways) would be for Joe to get tired of doing HHH's dirty work and turn on him so maybe that gets fast tracked.  You could even have Joe refusing to take someone out (Sami maybe?) due to them being old friends, but that wouldn't fit Joe's character.  Either way, Joe says he's tired of taking orders and wants a title shot, HHH claims he made Joe by bringing him to NXT, Joe said he made himself, blah blah blah and Joe choking out HHH on Raw to set up a Mania match would get a huge pop.  If Rollins isn't cleared to wrestle he could do some kind of interference in the match to ensure HHH doesn't win and keep their beef going for when he can come back. 

39 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Another idea to roll with if Seth can't go, have Joe say that as payment for taking out Seth, he wants John Cena at WrestleMania. You don't have to do that announcement immediately. You can hold off on that announcement if Cena does drop the belt at Elimination Chamber. Hell, Joe could cause Cena to lose the title. That way you get an inter-brand match and you still get Joe vs Cena.

The best thing you do when you want a match with a guy who is a champion is make them lose the title so you just wrestle a former champion