DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

The Stamford Spoiler guy on Reddit is claiming that the current plan for Cena is Cena/Nikki vs. Miz/Maryse and that it would be Nikki's last match. And that Cena is fighting this because he clearly doesn't want to be in the match

Take that with however much salt you usually want to apply.

EDIT - Yes I am an idiot and forgot a new month had started

• Like 1

See how the remnants of the Spirit Squad were bought in as heels to mess with super babyface Dolph Ziggler? Have they been fired now he's turned heel?

56 minutes ago, AxB said:

See how the remnants of the Spirit Squad were bought in as heels to mess with super babyface Dolph Ziggler? Have they been fired now he's turned heel?

Were they ever officially signed? I would keep the Spirit Squad as Dolph's flunkies.

It's weird - there was a big thing about how Kenny was fired from his full time gig because he was missing too much time and at that point he hadn't been officially signed by the WWE

Kenny and Mikey still have bios on the WWE page but looking at result pages that haven't wrestled since the end of Dec

3 minutes ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

So now that Seth Rollins is probably off Mania....who does HHH wrestle.  I'd love to see them have him dress down Joe for doing too much damage, and Joe just slaps the shit out of him and we've got a match.  Hopefully he doesn't insert himself in any title matches.  

I'm pretty sure it's a work. The wwe.com thing says "Rollins re-injured at the hands of Samoa Joe!"...

Edit: Actually, that's a tweet, but the article on the site is in the same vein.

2 minutes ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

So now that Seth Rollins is probably off Mania....who does HHH wrestle.  I'd love to see them have him dress down Joe for doing too much damage, and Joe just slaps the shit out of him and we've got a match.  Hopefully he doesn't insert himself in any title matches.  

If Joe legit injured Rollins' leg, I think his dressing down at Mania might be coming from the Fashion Police rather than Triple H.

For those that don't know what Playa is talking about

Seth Rollins may be facing another absence from the ring after suffering an injury.

Dave Meltzer reports that Rollins suffered an injury on Raw in his brawl with Samoa Joe. WWE confirmed the news in an announcement on their website that played into Rollins' storyline with Triple H and Joe. WWE's announcement said that Rollins suffered an injury to the same right knee where he previously tore his ACL.

WWE's post noted that Rollins would be evaluated later this week to determine the extent of the injury.

If Rollins is out for an extended period of time, it would be a blow to the WrestleMania 33 card after Rollins' previous knee injury kept him out of last year's show in Dallas.

Rollins had been set to face Triple H at WrestleMania in Orlando for months before their storyline finally reignited over Royal Rumble weekend. Rollins called out Triple H at NXT TakeOver: San Antonio on Saturday, leading to Joe ambushing Rollins before he could meet Triple H in the ring on Monday.

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/seth-rollins-suffers-injury-during-his-brawl-samoa-joe-raw-229366

2 minutes ago, steve said:

I'm pretty sure it's a work. The wwe.com thing says "Rollins re-injured at the hands of Samoa Joe!"...

Totally seems like it could be kayfabe, but if you go back and watch the video at the moment where Joe locks on the Coquina Clutch, it does look like Rollins might have gotten his right knee caught on the mat or something when Joe pulled him down, but the camera isn't focused on it at the right moment to really see.

https://youtu.be/UGfonjC-ihk?t=155

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It's weird - there was a big thing about how Kenny was fired from his full time gig because he was missing too much time and at that point he hadn't been officially signed by the WWE

Kenny and Mikey still have bios on the WWE page but looking at result pages that haven't wrestled since the end of Dec

Scrap the Spirit Squad gimmick, and add them to the tag division in nxt.