DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

2 hours ago, ChrisM said:

Has Joe vs KO/Steen ever happened? 

Number of times.

Joe defended the ROH tile against Steen on a Canadian show promoted by Marc le Grizzly in 2004 (Midsummer Madness).

Steen defeated Joe on one of the PWG All-Star Weekend shows in 2005 to retain the PWG title.

They had a tv match in NXT.

Other than that, they've been in several fatal four-ways or triple threat matches together.  NXT ran Steen vs. Joe vs. Tyler Breeze vs. Finn Balor three times at NXT house shows when Steen was champion (Owens retained all three times).  A different Marc le Grizzly-promoted show had Steen winning a shot at the ROH title by defeating Joe, El Generico, eXceSs 69 in a fatal four-way (think eXceSs ate the pin but it's been a long time since I watched the DVD).  There was also a JAPW show where Jay Lethal won the JAPW title in a fatal 4-way with Homicide, Joe, and Steen.

They've also wrestled in Canada a few times on opposing teams in tag matches,

I remember the PWG and Midsummer Madness singles matches being pretty good.  The Marc le Grizzly shows had some pretty odd matchups,  Once of those shows also had CM Punk vs. PCO (Jacque Rogeau's partner in the Quebecers).

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

http://streamable.com/bj1ae

"Are you okay?"

"I hope so."

Oh man, that sucks for Rollins. He's not my favorite by a mile, but he always puts in a good effort and is a steady hand. 

Considering the histrionics I go into when I stub my toe, I can't even fathom selling being choked out after just having had my knee torn up. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bink_winkleman said:

How banged up is Taker? If he can't make 'Mania, I bet they fast-track Reigns/Strowman and then have Reigns step in for Rollins to run through Joe and fight HHH again.

It will be awful.

Dave Metlzer said that Taker was in a lot of pain after the Rumble and had come back too soon from hip surgery.  I'm assuming he'll still wrestle WM but be largely immobile while on tv during the next three months,

Honestly, of the stuff that's heavily rumored for WM, Seth-Hunter was the feud that interested me the most.  Trips run last year as grumpy old vet out for one last ride was a lot of fun.  They could still reel me in with good opponents for Cena and AJ, plus pulling the trigger on Jericho-Owens, but..... None of the rumored opponents for Cena sound interesting to me, and, at this point, I'm actively hoping they run with AJ-Shane because the alternatives for AJ will probably be even less exciting.

• Like 3

That sucks, I was hoping it was a work/wasn't that bad.

If Owens is dropping the Universal to Goldberg, you could have Jericho drop the US to Sami at Fastlane also.

HHH turns on Owens for losing like he did Seth, then you do HHH/Joe vs. Owens/Jericho and Sami/Braun for the US at Mania?

2 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

I figure the eventual plan (or one that makes the most sense anyways) would be for Joe to get tired of doing HHH's dirty work and turn on him so maybe that gets fast tracked.  You could even have Joe refusing to take someone out (Sami maybe?) due to them being old friends, but that wouldn't fit Joe's character.  Either way, Joe says he's tired of taking orders and wants a title shot, HHH claims he made Joe by bringing him to NXT, Joe said he made himself, blah blah blah and Joe choking out HHH on Raw to set up a Mania match would get a huge pop.  If Rollins isn't cleared to wrestle he could do some kind of interference in the match to ensure HHH doesn't win and keep their beef going for when he can come back. 

That's the obvious way out I think.

We get the 'Why Joe Why?" promo and Joe says he was promised a title match. Steph comes out and says no way. Joe goes on a Strowman like rampage through the back and finds Hunter. Hunter tells him to calm down and Joe just kicks his head in and chokes him out.

Steph can suspend him until the day after Fastlane (this way he doesn't have to have a match) and we can spend the month getting promo vids to show who Joe is and why he is so dangerous.

Triple H can heel on NXT and say maybe he should stop bringing people up. Joe can say that he took NXT from the Seth Rollins era, made it what it is today. and now he will do the same to the WWE.

Build to Triple H v Joe - Creator vs Creation at WrestleMania.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bink_winkleman said:

How banged up is Taker? If he can't make 'Mania, I bet they fast-track Reigns/Strowman and then have Reigns step in for Rollins to run through Joe and fight HHH again.

It will be awful.

Of all the options this makes the most sense to me. They could play off the fact that Reigns was also screwed by Triple H, when Owens won the title, they could play off the Shield connection with Rollins and they could even break the 4th wall a bit by Joe bringing up that he should have been in the Rumble instead of Reigns.

3 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Dave Metlzer said that Taker was in a lot of pain after the Rumble and had come back too soon from hip surgery.  I'm assuming he'll still wrestle WM but be largely immobile while on tv during the next three months,

If comes to worse they can always involve Kane and have him do the majority of the bumping. Like Reigns is too much for Taker so he has to call in his brother for back up.

3 hours ago, L_W_P said:

That's the obvious way out I think.

I don't think it's the most obvious way out, though.

Wrestlemania's the biggest event. In all likeliness there'd be at least one cross brand show.

Dean Ambrose happens to be the biggest-name wrestler on the roster right now who doesn't seemingly have their dance partner for Mania in the mix (with the closest thing to a Wrestlemania match that seems to be built being "Dean Ambrose vs. James Ellsworth", and Tuesday seemed to make it clear Ambrose is over it and that won't be happening.)

Ambrose fighting for his former Shield brother's honor vs. Joe or Triple H would be most likely. (We'll ignore the "Ambrose and Rollins wanted to kill each other for years.")

7 hours ago, steve said:

That sucks, I was hoping it was a work/wasn't that bad.

If Owens is dropping the Universal to Goldberg, you could have Jericho drop the US to Sami at Fastlane also.

HHH turns on Owens for losing like he did Seth, then you do HHH/Joe vs. Owens/Jericho and Sami/Braun for the US at Mania?

I think this is one they'll go with.  Zayn and Strowman need a formal finish to their story, and that's a good way to do it.

4 hours ago, SorceressKnight said:

I don't think it's the most obvious way out, though.

Wrestlemania's the biggest event. In all likeliness there'd be at least one cross brand show.

Dean Ambrose happens to be the biggest-name wrestler on the roster right now who doesn't seemingly have their dance partner for Mania in the mix (with the closest thing to a Wrestlemania match that seems to be built being "Dean Ambrose vs. James Ellsworth", and Tuesday seemed to make it clear Ambrose is over it and that won't be happening.)

Ambrose fighting for his former Shield brother's honor vs. Joe or Triple H would be most likely. (We'll ignore the "Ambrose and Rollins wanted to kill each other for years.")

Ambrose and Corbin are the two who are the most in limbo and they both happen to be in the Chamber in two weeks. My guess is that those two will get paired up after EC to give Corbin a title at Mania.

3 hours ago, AxB said:

You haven't really been following Triple H's career, have you?

Tapped clean by Benoit at WM20.  Pinned clean by Batista the following year. Tapped clean by Cena the year after that. Pinned clean by Bryan at WM30.   He's done some jobs on the grandest stage.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Not too mention Rollins ending Sting's career.

And breaking Cena's nose.

I don't like to see anyone get legit injured, but Rollins is a hard guy to be sympathetic about.  I do feel bummed for him because he was really down about not making last year's WM and the thought of not being on the card this year because of another injury must be killing the guy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Victator said:

He definitely hurt Tyson Kidd,

Wasn't Kidd's neck one bad bump away from getting fucked up anyways, and Joe just happened to be the one in the ring?  If Joe had legit nearly killed someone with a muscle buster, they would have made him stop using the move.