Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

ELIMINATION CHAMBER 2017 (SDL PPV)


Recommended Posts

Announced card so far

Elimination Chamber for World Title: John Cena (C) vs. AJ Styles vs. Miz vs. Bray Wyatt vs. Baron Corbin vs. Dean Ambrose

SDL Women's Title Match: Alexa Bliss (C) vs. Naomi

Tag Team Turmoil for SDL Tag Titles: American Alpha (C) vs. The Ascension vs. Heath Slater/Rhyno vs. The Vaudevillains vs. Breezango vs. The Usos

Natalya vs. Nikki Bella

 

One would assume that the following is going to be added

Dolph Ziggler vs. Apollo Crews

Becky Lynch vs. Mickie James

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Smackdown only Mania-setup show

  • Elimination Chamber Match for the WWE World Championship - John Cena (c) vs AJ Styles vs Bray Wyatt vs Baron Corbin vs The Miz vs Dean Ambrose (IC Champ)
  • Turmoil Match for the Smackdown Tag Team Championship - American Alpha (c) vs The Usos vs The Ascension vs The Vaudevillians vs Heath Slater/Rhyno vs The Fashion Police
  • For the WWE Smackdown Women's Championship - Alexa Bliss (c) vs Naomi
  • Nikki Bella vs Natalya
  • (probable) Dolph Ziggler vs Apollo Crews

And unless they give Mojo Rawley or Kalisto a match, or Shelton Benjamin makes a return, I think that's everyone on the roster. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RIPPA pinned this topic
1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Smackdown only Mania-setup show

  • Elimination Chamber Match for the WWE World Championship - John Cena (c) vs AJ Styles vs Bray Wyatt vs Baron Corbin vs The Miz vs Dean Ambrose (IC Champ)
  • Turmoil Match for the Smackdown Tag Team Championship - American Alpha (c) vs The Usos vs The Ascension vs The Vaudevillians vs Heath Slater/Rhyno vs The Fashion Police
  • For the WWE Smackdown Women's Championship - Alexa Bliss (c) vs Naomi
  • Nikki Bella vs Natalya
  • (probable) Dolph Ziggler vs Apollo Crews

And unless they give Mojo Rawley or Kalisto a match, or Shelton Benjamin makes a return, I think that's everyone on the roster. 

Jack Swagger is still locked in a storage closet somewhere.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

So if they add Becky vs Mickie which I think they will they're gonna have 3 women's matches on the main card of a PPV. Pretty rad. Orton vs Harper I think is going to be added, if anything to set up the double cross after Bray wins the EC and the WWE Championship. If Rowen is healthly I could see him coming back at Elimination Chamber and helping Harper beat down Orton after their match. Then after the EC you get the stare down betwwen Bray and Orton and Harper and Rowen with Wyatt turning on Orton with the three way beat down turning Orton face and setting up the Mania match. Oh yeah Ziggler vs crews on the pre show. Or we get some kind of Carmella-Ellsworth in ring promo on the pre show with Carmella issuing an open challenge for Ellsworth, Kane comes out chokeslams Ellsworh, 123 and then Carmella yells at Ellsworth for losing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Hmm I'm forgetting all of that.

The EC 2015 show where they turned a house show into a Network Special at almost the last minute

Had the IC EC match (the Ryback won) and the Tag Title EC match (where New Day retained)

Same show that had the first KO/Cena match

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So I'm figuring the order of eliminations are:

Miz submits to Cena

Cena pinned by Styles (Styles holds tights)

Styles pinned by Corbin immediately after pinning Cena.

Ambrose pinned by Corbin

Corbin pinned by Wyatt after Orton gets in Chamber and RKO's Corbin.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why am I more stoked for the women's matches on this card than the men's?  Naomi probably won't beat Alexa, but it's the start of a good title feud.

The Nattie / Nikki feud build-up has been a tad overbooked lately with the hatred and constant pull apart brawls, but I still expect them to beat the shit out of each other and have a good match.

God, that Tag Team Turmoil match is made of so much bullshit.  Like half of the field are in either fucking doghouse or have been jobbed to oblivion and have no chance of getting booked to win the belts. 

No one sane would take a DVDVR Lose Your Board Tag Bet on the Vaudevillains to win it all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, J.T. said:

Why am I more stoked for the women's matches on this card than the men's?  Naomi probably won't beat Alexa, but it's the start of a good title feud.

Well, the tag title match will probably generate negative heat.

I expect the Elimination Chamber match to be decent to good, but I also expect the spoilers Meltzer has leaked regarding it to be what actually happens.  Orton probably wouldn't have won the Rumble otherwise,  If Meltzer is right and there's no last minute swerve, I have zero interest in the outcome or the match that sets up.

As far as Dolph goes, he just turned heel and seems to be poised to get a stronger push.  He's also been rumored as a possible WM opponent for Cena.  He's probably not jobbing to Crews this close to the heel turn.

Yeah, I'm much more interested in the women's matches.  Card on the whole looks meh to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

I guess people aren't expecting Revival to debut in the tag team match?

I'm guessing they get the post-Mania episode debut.  Though provided AA win the EC match (and there's no reason they shouldn't) then Revival showing up at the next episode of Smackdown to set up a Mania match would be the best possible outcome for all involved.

On 2/2/2017 at 4:58 AM, J.T. said:

God, that Tag Team Turmoil match is made of so much bullshit.  Like half of the field are in either fucking doghouse or have been jobbed to oblivion and have no chance of getting booked to win the belts. 

No one sane would take a DVDVR Lose Your Board Tag Bet on the Vaudevillains to win it all.

As good as Smackdown is these days, the tag division is utterly dire.  American Alpha are one of the best main roster tag teams in years, but they're just languishing there.  It seemed like they were set to win the tournament for the inaugural titles but Heath Slater and Rhyno surprisingly getting over derailed that.  Then a feud with The Usos was on the horizon but got derailed by injuries.  Now they won the belts, but it wasn't as climactic as it could have been and there's no legit competition.  The Vaudevillians and The Ascension are jobbers who are all probably a hair away from getting future endeavored, Breezango are pretty much comedy jobbers, AA have beaten The Usos so many times they're no longer credible opponents, and Slater and Rhyno are rapidly loosing steam.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...