DVDVR Message Board

SDL 1/31/17 - 2 Weeks to Elimination Chamber

Niners Fan in CT

On 02/02/2017 at 0:53 AM, Wyld Samurai said:

I hate the concept of an annual draft. There should be a treading window of a month 2x a year. Keeps the continuity + gives you that added old time realism of "what are they doing here?!?"

They should do a Transfer Deadline day dealie on the Network, like Sky Sports News. Have reporters stood outside the Performnce centre, and wherever Raw and Smackdown's house shows are that night, talking about how Shinsuke Nakamura is on a helicopter but they don't know which city he's flying to.

• Like 2

I think they only see the Draft as a way to do a big episode of Raw. They should probably look to fixing the tag teams and the women. Both were distributed poorly last time. 

Smackdown got way too many tag teams and women. But I don't think there are enough women to fill out two (three with NXT) rosters. NXT seems like Asuka and whatever indy jobbers they can find.

They could send the Revival to Raw, but you would still need some fresh teams for them to wrestle.

On 2/4/2017 at 2:41 PM, Victator said:

Smackdown got way too many tag teams and women. But I don't think there are enough women to fill out two (three with NXT) rosters. NXT seems like Asuka and whatever indy jobbers they can find.

They do have enough women technically speaking, WWE just doesn't book them well.

IMO, they should have put all the women on one show (RAW, more than likely) and all the tag teams on the other.  Makes for a less interesting draft, but you would have full-capacity rosters for each division opposed to the half-full groups they run now.  SDL does well with its women, but the tag teams for both shows are in terrible shape.

Are tag teams in bad shape because of booking or because of who the teams are.

SDL has: American Alpha (c), The Usos, Rhyno/Slater, The Vaudevillians, The Ascension, The Fashion Police aka Breezango, and the Hype Bros.

RAW has: The Club (c), The New Day, Cesaro/Sheamus, The Shining Stars, Cass/Enzo, the Golden Truth

I think the problem is there's not a lot of tag teams in WWE. The other problem is there needs to be at least one more top heel team on both brands however there's only one top heel team in NXT that is ready to be on the main roster. Is there a top heel team in Mexico/Japan/U.K. that WWE can steal to fill out their tag team roster?

Every team has a problem.  AA isn't built up enough.  The Usos have been underused since their heel turn.  Rhyno/Slater are drifting since losing the belts. Breezango are comedy jobbers.  The VV and the Ascension are sub-jobbers.  The Hype Bros. are on the shelf until Ryder comes back.

The Club were booked into the ground to where having the belts mean nothing.  Cesaro/Sheamus are just slapped together. New Day are still over, but there's not much for them to do. The Shining Stars are on their fourth or fifth failed gimmick.  Cass & Enzo are in limbo. The Golden Truth are just a means to keep Goldy and R-Truth on the payroll.

They'd probably be better off disbanding tag teams for a few months and rebuilding from the ground up.  But that's not going to happen.

If they want just one great tag division, it's simple. Add DIY and The Revival to SDL, and book then, AA, and The Usos strongly.

Then for the love of God let Enzo and Cass get a big win or two and hold the belts for a couple months on RAW. Take advantage of having an act that massively over for awhile. The division will be weaker than SDL, but the charisma and overness can cover it up for at least a bit.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Isaacduke said:

Why Gotch for sure? That backstage fight give him a rep as a locker room cancer or something?

And surely both members of Ascension would be cut if one is...

Gotch is just the least impressive wrestler on the roster. He adds nothing and that's a dangerous place to be..Aiden at least has the look down. Konnor has been around forever and Victor camoflages Konnors shortcomings.in the ring.

I can't think of anyone who doesn't have the look and doesn't have the talent as much as Gotch.