DVDVR Message Board

SDL 1/31/17 - 2 Weeks to Elimination Chamber

Niners Fan in CT

Yeah, speaking of biting comments,  John Cena walked back his comments towards AJ Styles. So, I'm trying to figure out what this guy's deal is.  He loses to AJ twice, never gives him credit. Now, he finally pins AJ and walks back his statement last week and says AJ is a God in the ring basically...  which is true but eh whatever.

That's Cena's MO for feuds these days. Beat him and he'll give you nothing. He beats you and then suddenly he's generous with his praise. At best its meaningless because its done after it could actually mean anything in a build for a match. At worse it comes across as condescending and disingenuous on his part for only showing respect after he's proven he's the better man in some fashion.  

• Like 4

DELILAH DOOM!!!

Man, that tag team thing was such a mess. I loved the quasi shoot America Alpha did in the interview just before where they were like "we won the belts and than nothing". It's not really that hard to come up with someone for them to feud, is it? I was flipping back and forth with the channels so when I came back I saw the Vaudevillians coming out thinking it was just them having answered the challenge not knowing the whole locker room did as well. So I guess Rhyno and Slater won cause they were the last men standing in the ring? Even JBL was like "well, that didn't settle nothing but it was fun to watch".

I'm glad to see Naomi finally getting a push hopefully for the Women's title. It's something that should have happened a long time ago, but she always was caught in the mix of not being Nikki Bella. Than the women from NXT came up and she really got pushed back down. Speaking of Nikki, her feud with Natalya is still puzzling on so many levels.

Ambrose/Styles was a fun match. Ambrose looks like he could really use a month off or two to freshen up his look and act though. He just looks like hell. I mean I know he's supposed to look like hell, but he really looks like it. I like Dean, but its the same by the number thing with him in every match now. Though that Suplex that Styles turned into a powerbomb was nasty. The Miz was so much fun on commentary. God, I wish he could win the elimination chamber but it's so clear they're going for Wyatt vs. Orton probably.

• Like 2

Just now, Hail Sabin said:

They could be going for a tag team Elimination Chamber with the 6 teams then maybe the SD after a new team debuts to challenge for the belts at Mania.

They announced a tag team turmoil match for Elimination Chamber on Talking Smack.

4 minutes ago, Fallacy! said:

Miz eviscerated the entire commentary team by himself with one arm tied behind his back tonight. That was fucking brutal.

Miz should pay Otunga's medical bills, because he whupped that ass tonight. Corbin should just go into a corner and think about what happened to him and promise to do better next time.

By the way,  DBry returns to talking smack, right off the back, states he wasn't happy how poorly Smackdown was represented with matches on the show.  In the closing, says he's brought to us by Tout.

Never leave us again.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Can't we just agree that Cena is about as sincere a face as Hogan and finally be done with it? That's the direction this usually takes anyway. 

Hogan was sincere in everything. He was driven by passion and anger.

40 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

They could be going for a tag team Elimination Chamber with the 6 teams then maybe the SD after a new team debuts to challenge for the belts at Mania.

I imagine The Revival will be the next challengers after EC. There's nothing left for them to do in nxt.

NXT's tag division needs some serious rebuilding. The TM-61 injury really hurts right now. It's the AoP, DIY, and I guess some Sanity combination. Rather than putting Austin Aries in the cruiserweight division, I'd put him back with Roderick Strong whenever he returns to the active roster. There's also Tino Sabbatelli and Riddick Moss, but I wouldn't be putting them in the mix for the tag titles yet.