DVDVR Message Board

RAW IS JOE'S GONNA KILL YOU - 1/30/17

Dolfan in NYC

Don't get the praise for Hunter's promo. From what little sense it made, it was basically "you got injured and then lost your rematches." I get that people are down on Seth (for whatever reason) but imagine that exact same promo being cut by Hunter against Bryan, Balor or Zayn and everyone is incensed and making blown quad jokes. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hagan said:

Don't get the praise for Hunter's promo. From what little sense it made, it was basically "you got injured and then lost your rematches." I get that people are down on Seth (for whatever reason) but imagine that exact same promo being cut by Hunter against Bryan, Balor or Zayn and everyone is incensed and making blown quad jokes. 

Actually reading that, which is basically true, just makes it all the funnier and more effective given that it only worked (or didn't if HHH was trying to heel) because it's Seth Rollins and he is a whiny twat.  And even if you want to, it's impossible to be the heel against a whiny twat. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Hagan said:

I'd argue the other way. The promo was good no matter who he cuts it on, it's just people aren't objective depending on whether it's their guy or not. Fowler nailed it with his take earlier I thought.

HHH didn't give a heel promo.  Aside from mocking Rollins' injury as him not being able to carry the company, everything HHH said was true.  He gave Rollins a great opportunity. Seth betrayed Ambrose and Reigns to be with the Authority.  And as long as he got what he wanted, Rollins was happy.  As soon as HHH didn't roll out the red carpet for him, Seth got pissy and went into brat mode. Rollins' turn has nothing to do with learning from his mistakes.  He's still the same insufferable jerk he's been for nearly three years.  But he doesn't have the Authority seal of approval anymore.  That's the difference.

Rollins has never shown remorse for betraying the Shield.  He hasn't had a come to Jesus moment regarding HHH.  He simply became a crybaby because Papa Hunter and Mommy Steph adopted another kid. You can't cheer for him based on that.  Any chance he had of being somewhat right went out the window when he harassed Steph and talked sideways about the McMahon-Levesque girls. Nothing about Rollins suggests he's a face.

• Like 3

Yeah, I didn't see it at all as him threatening their children. He was threatening to beat up dad in front of the kids.

Cena/Joe sounds completely unrealistic as a Mania match to me, but if it happens, I imagine they'll do a stip where Joe is banned from Raw if he loses to Rollins, in order to let Rollins have Trips to himself. Then Joe shows up on SD after losing in some screwy way that makes Rollins look clever.

7 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

I'm guessing the Fastlane match will be Rollins/Joe with the stipulation that if Rollins can beat Joe he'll get HHH at Mania.  Rollins could win by some fuck finish, say HHH or Steph trying to interfere and it backfiring which allows Rollins to get a rollup win or something.  Post-match Joe can whale on Rollins for a while and still look strong.  The only other option I can see is that it ends up as some no contest or with Joe beating Rollins decisively which leads to a Mania rematch.  Honestly I'd rather see that than Rollins/HHH but I guess their program has to get blown off at some point and of course HHH needs to get his Mania spot.  That will probably leave Joe to be in HHH's corner during the actual Mania match, or maybe he'll win the Andre Battle Royale.

Or as a slight variation, Rollins loses at FastLane and (after much whining) his rematch with Joe at WM is still for the same opportunity to face Triple H later in the show. Rollins wins despite getting the tar beaten out of him in the process after which Triple H immediately swoops in to pick the bones. "RING THE BELL!" Depending on how much fuckery it would require for Joe to go over at FastLane, he's done in Rollins twice since Triple H winning in this scenario would also be his handiwork. Or Rollins could lose to Joe straight up at Fast Lane with absolutely no outside chicanery whatsoever and still have a reasonable case that his beef was with Triple H all along. After which Triple H offers him the same opportunity because he's such an obliging GM. No matter what Rollins will come off as a whiny twat because that's what he does.

8 minutes ago, The Z said:

Let's be fair, they book heels like shit, too (see Owens, Kevin).

Ah, you're right.  I also forgot they also did a Dusty Finish last week where the heels were the ones screwed.  Un-fucking-believable.

I guess booking the way wrestling has always been effectively booked is to rasslin' for Vince.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

And no Emmalina promo tonight.  Did she die from waiting?

I think someone here pointed out that the Emmalina promos have gone on longer than the Blood Runs Cold promos WCW was doing for Glacier's debut.

5 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

When Triple H was griping that Seth let him and the Authority down by getting hurt, I had to wonder how many times Vince has cut that promo on employees in real life.

You mean independent contractors pal.

I'd be pumped for Mania if we were getting Stroman/Brock and Roman/Joe instead of Brock and Roman against a couple of washed up 50 year olds.

1 hour ago, steve said:

To be fair to Rollins, I think his intent was, "Give me HHH here and now, don't make me come to your house and beat him up in front of his kids."

Poorly worded to be sure.

That's certainly true.  If he had said "I don't care where I have to go to get HHH. I'll come to your house and kick his ass in front of your kids," that would have likely gotten a pass.  But Rollins was all "What if I come to your house and one of your kids answers the door?" like a creep.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

The second Rollins brought HHH's children into it, he lost facedom in my eyes.  Doesn't matter what happens, you don't fuck with a man's family.  Him being a whiny bitch since he turned face isn't helping either.

Omega wrestles a 9-year-old girl and it's cool, but Seth can't threaten someone's kids?! MARKS.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Rick said:

Did plans change for AJ? you could say following the Reigns feud Vince saw gold but even taking that into consideration he debuted at the Rumble and had a good showing, beat Jericho the following month at Fastlane, won the tag titles, yes he lost to Jericho at Mania (which was dumb) then the following night was the number 1 contender pinning Jericho (thus winning the feud) and then put Reigns over strong at the next two PPVs but looked arguably more competitive than anyone else at that point in the Reigns superman era. He beat Cena clean twice after turning heel and has been the figurehead of Smackdown ever since. I'm sure over time he won over the WWE brass and was positioned in a more credible main event role, but he hasn't been a bit part player at all during his WWE run.

I don't believe Trips lobbied for Joe to be called up to the main roster after being the NXT ace for a year only to be in a pawn in his feud with Rollins then to be lost in midcard mediocrity, I see Joe being protected just like Balor and initially Owens was when he was called up. 

I still envision Cena/Joe happening in some cross promotion type match too.

I have no knowledge one way or the other. I'm just not sure I can remember a guy come in from another "rival" promotion and get fast-tracked like that. Even the WCW guys had to "pay dues" for a while first. I mean, other than when Flair first came in, but he's definitely the exception. It would not shock me to find out that the plans for AJ changed based on crowd reaction and merch sales, but I have no definitive answer on that.

12 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Thinking about this further,  it's January 31 and we really have no idea who John Cena's opponent at WM is going to be.  The rumor going around was Joe but how in the world do they get there based off current storylines.

Maybe they really do go with Orton vs. Cena but holy shit that would not be good..   I think they should just do the original plan and go with Cena/Taker. 

I would be very happy with a WM card that looked like this

Goldberg vs. Lesnar

AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton

John Cena vs. Undertaker

Chris Jericho vs. Kevin Owens

Braun Stroman vs. Roman Reigns

Fill in the rest... 

Don't forget Big Show vs Shaq.

31 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

I think we are getting  - 

Goldberg (c) v Lesnar - Universal
Cena (c) v Orton - WWE
Triple H v Rollins
Undertaker v Reigns
Jericho v Owens - US
Wyatt v Harper
Styles v Shane O'Mac
IC Title Ladder Match
RAW Women's Fatal 4 Way

Strowman and Corbin to be the final 2 in the Andre Battle Royal. Maybe a Sami Zayn upset if they want to pay that off.

SDL women, tag teams and Neville down on the pre-show.

No idea what Joe does.

See, Shane can suck a bag of dicks because for all the complaining about Taker showing up only for Wrestlemania, he is (was) still a wrestler.  Shane gets to act like a pervy backwoods promoter who's aunt died and left him some money so he can afford to bring in the Rock 'n' Roll Express, Kamala and Marty Jannetty and book himself over everybody.  Except Shane gets to do it on the biggest wrestling show of the year.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

See, Shane can suck a bag of dicks because for all the complaining about Taker showing up only for Wrestlemania, he is (was) still a wrestler.  Shane gets to act like a pervy backwoods promoter who's aunt died and left him some money so he can afford to bring in the Rock 'n' Roll Express, Kamala and Marty Jannetty and book himself over everybody.  Except Shane gets to do it on the biggest wrestling show of the year.

Point to the spot on the doll where Shane touched you....

• Like 6