DVDVR Message Board

RAW IS JOE'S GONNA KILL YOU - 1/30/17

Dolfan in NYC

10 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Technically, that would require me to get the Network, right?

I went to a house show and bought a Regal shirt last year. And bought wwe2k17. Thats about as much money i want to give Vince. ;)

Wow what a rebel. 

Joe vs Strowman might be fucking great. And someone already pointed it out, but Roman seemed a bit different tonight. Not sure what's up there. Also, Austin Aries verbally destroying Tony Nese was magnificent. The guy needs more mic time, for sure. 

I would like to dream they are going to do a Strowman/Reigns double turn. I can watch Strowman vs Owens every night. Owens was great on the mic and really put over the brutality of the PPV match. I wish this guys had been champion since Summerslam. 

• Like 1

Thinking about this further,  it's January 31 and we really have no idea who John Cena's opponent at WM is going to be.  The rumor going around was Joe but how in the world do they get there based off current storylines.

Maybe they really do go with Orton vs. Cena but holy shit that would not be good..   I think they should just do the original plan and go with Cena/Taker. 

I would be very happy with a WM card that looked like this

Goldberg vs. Lesnar

AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton

John Cena vs. Undertaker

Chris Jericho vs. Kevin Owens

Braun Stroman vs. Roman Reigns

Fill in the rest... 

1 minute ago, CreativeControl said:

I'll spell it out for all you lot whining about Joe not being on Smackdown - Rollins (a Raw wrestler) invaded NXT to call Triple H out. That's Samoa Joe's yard. So Triple H sicked him on Rollins. Hence...

Everyone understands that though....   The issue isn't Samoa Joe being a Triple H guy from NXT and bulldozing Rollins. The issue is down the road.

Heyman & HHH cut two all time great promos tonight, good lord.  

Joe's simply another layer to the HHH/Rollins feud, or is he? Why not have Papa H send a NXT heavy(s) every week to deal with Seth? Nah, probably not, but it'd be cool seeing The Revival break Seth's kneecaps.

How to get Seth to HHH without Joe being the sacrificial lamb is the question? This is only going to lead to Seth decisively beating Joe at Fastlane to earn a shot at HHH. Nonetheless it was a cool way to debut him on top of the card on his first night.

I'm guessing the Fastlane match will be Rollins/Joe with the stipulation that if Rollins can beat Joe he'll get HHH at Mania.  Rollins could win by some fuck finish, say HHH or Steph trying to interfere and it backfiring which allows Rollins to get a rollup win or something.  Post-match Joe can whale on Rollins for a while and still look strong.  The only other option I can see is that it ends up as some no contest or with Joe beating Rollins decisively which leads to a Mania rematch.  Honestly I'd rather see that than Rollins/HHH but I guess their program has to get blown off at some point and of course HHH needs to get his Mania spot.  That will probably leave Joe to be in HHH's corner during the actual Mania match, or maybe he'll win the Andre Battle Royale.

5 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

After watching the Joe thing on WWE's Youtube, I have to say I'm unimpressed. The crowd sounded flat and Joe should have probably Muscle Busted him to the depths of Hell before sinking in the Kokina (which didn't look very good either, it just looked like he put on a basic sleeper. And don't run in wearing a Tapout shirt and jeans dammit). Yet, though the clip didn't have Seth talking, I still wanted him taken out just by looking at him, and Aytch came out good when he was talking so it's about even. 

I liked the fact that he didn't bother to put him on the top rope, because he wasn't there to win a match, he was there to hurt him. He came out dressed for a street fight with jeans and taped fists. Same with the choke, looked awkward because Seth was struggling and Joe just bodied him to the ground. It looked visceral. 

5 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Technically, that would require me to get the Network, right?

I went to a house show and bought a Regal shirt last year. And bought wwe2k17. Thats about as much money i want to give Vince. ;)

I watch NXT and 205 on Hulu.  Only downside is you gotta wait a day to watch them.

Pretty solid beatdown from Joe and Rollins is the best kind of guy to put him with, a guy who can pinball around for his offense.  I'm sold.

10 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

I thought it was Rick Steiner that attacked Rollins to begin with.

My thoughts on this segment improved greatly when I realized it was not.

School Board member Rick Steiner attacking Rollins after threatening kids would have been cool.

8 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

so all things considered, Braun is going to be lost in the Mania shuffle.

Winning the Andre trophy seems a little beneath him at this point. the Zayn stuff has probably run its course and you've got three big guy matches on the card already.

If they put him in the Andre Battle Royal, they should make it practically a squash and put him over incredibly strong.

8 hours ago, Cameron Swift said:

Yep, that was a great HHH promo. His reasoning totally made sense too.

It's even consistent with all the Daniel Bryan "You're just a B+ player" stuff from before.  "We gave you the ball, and you couldn't handle it."

• Like 1

They really need to stop trying to book HHH as a heel at this point. Between Attitude era nostalgia and being our NXT Papa, he's going to get cheered no matter what. Joe's never going to get a heel reaction, either. This storyline would work better with Rollins as the whiny douche, pissed that beloved indie patron HHH is trying to create the next version of him on NXT. I mean, that's exactly what the storyline is, but they'd be better off acknowledging it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, steve said:

I liked the fact that he didn't bother to put him on the top rope, because he wasn't there to win a match, he was there to hurt him. He came out dressed for a street fight with jeans and taped fists. Same with the choke, looked awkward because Seth was struggling and Joe just bodied him to the ground. It looked visceral. 

That was a prison yard takedown.  You belong to me now and Seth getting dragged into Joe's cell.

• Like 2

I guess I'm in the minorinty of people who's not that enthused by Joe's debut.

Sure, it was a cool moment, but I don't like the idea of Joe just being a roadblock in Seth Rollins' way to Triple H.

Of course the alternative would have been Joe possibly getting one win against Cena only to lose the million subsequent matches, so...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, just drew said:

And I think plans changed for him when he got over. Maybe they will for Joe, too. But AJ also laid down for Jericho at Wrestlemania.

Did plans change for AJ? you could say following the Reigns feud Vince saw gold but even taking that into consideration he debuted at the Rumble and had a good showing, beat Jericho the following month at Fastlane, won the tag titles, yes he lost to Jericho at Mania (which was dumb) then the following night was the number 1 contender pinning Jericho (thus winning the feud) and then put Reigns over strong at the next two PPVs but looked arguably more competitive than anyone else at that point in the Reigns superman era. He beat Cena clean twice after turning heel and has been the figurehead of Smackdown ever since. I'm sure over time he won over the WWE brass and was positioned in a more credible main event role, but he hasn't been a bit part player at all during his WWE run.

I don't believe Trips lobbied for Joe to be called up to the main roster after being the NXT ace for a year only to be in a pawn in his feud with Rollins then to be lost in midcard mediocrity, I see Joe being protected just like Balor and initially Owens was when he was called up. 

I still envision Cena/Joe happening in some cross promotion type match too.