DVDVR Message Board

RAW IS JOE'S GONNA KILL YOU - 1/30/17

Dolfan in NYC

When Seth Rollins suggested he was going to come to Trips/Steph's house and "what would happen if your kid answered the door" sounded like Seth was going to either beat up or molest Triple H's kid.  In that case, I don't blame Samoa Joe for attacking him.

So Seth was already not really the babyface in this.  He is the whiniest twat of a character I've seen since Richard Thornburg in DIE HARD.  I was essentially on HHH's side that entire promo as he wrapped himself in NXT. And double that when Seth went with "I can tell when you look at me" to Stephanie.  Literal twat behavior.

But then, watching Joe swallow him was such a joy and I want to see him do it as a prelude to every match on every show. Watching Joe ingest him was as satisfying as seeing any heel get their comeupance after months of shit-talking.  But somehow I'm supposed to cheer him?

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, caley said:

When Seth Rollins suggested he was going to come to Trips/Steph's house and "what would happen if your kid answered the door" sounded like Seth was going to either beat up or molest Triple H's kid.  In that case, I don't blame Samoa Joe for attacking him.

They made the face sound like a pedo who then gives their mom the D afterwards. Not sure if that's how it works in face/heel dynamics.

• Like 4

Just now, Niners Fan in CT said:

Happy to see Joe finally appear,  sad to see him on RAW instead of SDL though.

This.  I wanted to mark out, but I'm a little afraid they'll simply feed him to Seth to make Seth look strong from his WrestleMania match with Trips.

Seth vaguely threatening Hunter and Stephanie's kids reminded me Vince has a really warped idea of how babyfaces act.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, caley said:

Seth Rollins/Aurora Rose could be the new Savage/Stephanie rumor.

Joe's debut makes almost forget how much I don't give a shit about Roman or Goldberg.

• Like 1

Triple H got cheers and chants, Joe got a huge reaction, Seth is clearly the heel whether or not WWE knows it.

They want Triple H to be the Destroyer!

Worst part is Seth probably has to beat Joe to set up mania with Trips

So do we not get Rollins v Triple H at Mania? Or does Rollins take on Joe at Fastlane before getting the King of Kings *tm*? Does this mean we aren't getting Cena v Joe? Not sure how you get there if Joe is working for Triple H...

Otherwise this was an OK Raw. 

Dont know what happened at the end of the Nia v Sasha match but I like that they had Nia just kill her dead again.

Also liked Strowman wasting Jericho. Who would have thought when he debuted with the Wyatts that he would be this incredible monster? At this stage I am ready for him to take the title and dominate forever.

Just now, L_W_P said:

Also liked Strowman just wasting Jericho. Who would have thought when he debuted with the Wyatts that he would be this incredible monster. At this stage I am ready for him to take the title and dominate forever.

Oh yes. Their was real anger when Reigns messed up that match. I don't know what they were expecting.  But is Strowman supposed to be a heel? People were into him kicking Owens ass and pissed when Reigns stopped him.  But when he stopped Reigns from winning the crowd cheered.

This company needs to sort some shit out.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

So do we not get Rollins v Triple H at Mania? Or does Rollins take on Joe at Fastlane before getting the King of Kings *tm*? Does this mean we aren't getting Cena v Joe? Not sure how you get there if Joe is working for Triple H...

I'm mentally treating Joe as a free agent until one brand officially announces he's their's. Until then, he's Papa Hunter's murder-bot.

Cena/Joe can happen at Mania, but that would mean he's probably losing his first two PPV matches, since he cannot beat Seth at Fastlane. 

Just now, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'm mentally treating Joe as a free agent until one brand officially announces he's their's. Cena/Joe can happen at Mania, but that would mean he's probably losing his first two PPV matches, since he cannot beat Seth at Fastlane. 

Could we get Joe v Rollins at Fastlane, Hunter interferes and costs Rollins which leads to the Mania match? Kind of weak for Joe but he will kill enough people along the way.

Not sure how we get to Cena v Joe from there though. Maybe the rumor is wrong or plans have changed and we really are getting Cena v Orton and Wyatt v Harper...

5 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Oh yes. Their was real anger when Reigns messed up that match. I don't know what they were expecting.  But is Strowman supposed to be a heel? People were into him kicking Owens ass and pissed when Reigns stopped him.  But when he stopped Reigns from winning the crowd cheered.

This company needs to sort some shit out.

Strowman is a force of nature.

8 minutes ago, Victator said:

Strowman is a force of nature.

Strowman is the primal, concrete, sledge. 

Corey should use more Pantera references to describe Braun. Vulgar Display of Power is such an easy title to work in. Great Southern Trendkill would also work. When Braun goes on a tear, he could be Far Beyond Driven. Fucking Hostile would have to be modified to Freaking Hostile. 

• Like 2