DVDVR Message Board

YOUR Riverdale Sleaze Thread

Cliff Hanger

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Didn't they just reveal who was playing his mom?

Are you talking about Molly Ringwald?  I think they announced that back in 2016.

• 2 months later...

Finally watched season 2.

I compared the show to Archie meets Twin Peaks meets Veronica Mars last season, but holy fuck did it go fill Veronica Mars in season 2. Which is not a complaint.

There's a lot to unpack, but mostly I'm just still shaking my head laughing over the name of the drug being 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"Mr. Andrews, you will be sent to the Leopold and Loeb Juvenile Detention Center" was the best thing in a season premiere that was fucking great and went batshit bonkers in the last five minutes. 

It feels like they're going to have this and the new Sabrina show be a shared universe, which makes sense. Both are Berlanti shows and that's what he does. And magic? Why not? This show has been fucking nuts since day one. 

And since they LOVE to drop in how deep their geekdom of Archie comics is, I'm positive the hippie farm cult storyline is going to be them going as close as they can to the Evangelical Christian Archie comics from the early 70's. 

And I totally got a bit welled up at the scene with the gang cruising down the road in the Classic Motherfucking Archie Jalopy. I love this fucking show.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:41 PM, Johnny Sorrow said:

"Mr. Andrews, you will be sent to the Leopold and Loeb Juvenile Detention Center" was the best thing in a season premiere that was fucking great and went batshit bonkers in the last five minutes. 

Yes, that was fucking awesome!

I enjoyed Sabrina but it was much tamer than I expected it to be for a Netflix show but once the serious horror / supernatural elements kicked in, I was all good.

Madame Satan is a badass villain and Kiernan Shipka is absolutely ADORABLE as Sabrina.

• Like 2

The Satanic Temple is suing Netflix and Warner Brothers because it feels that The Chilling Adventuers of Sabrina portrays Baphomet in an "unflattering light."

While most mortals are obsessed with politics with week, The Satanic Temple is more focused on Baphomet, an androgynous goat-headed deity. The outraged outfit has followed up on threats with a $50 million lawsuit over Netflix's Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, alleging the series has infringed copyright and defamed its deity by featuring imagery in an unflattering light.

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, a series produced by Warner Bros., follows Sabrina Spellman as she attends The Academy of Unseen Arts. At the school is a statue of Baphomet.

"Baphomet is a historical deity which has a complex history, having been associated with accusations of devil worship against the Knight Templar," explains The Satanic Temple in its complaint filed in New York federal court. "Baphomet historically involved a goat’s head (sometimes known as the 'Sabbatic Goat') on a female body associated with Lilith, a figure from Jewish mysticism sometimes considered a goddess of the night. The classic visual representation of idea of Baphomet is an image created in or about 1856 by an occult historian Eliphas Levi..."

The plaintiff claims making modifications and holding copyright registration on a sculpture of Baphomet.

Its version of Baphomet, to quote one random website cited in the complaint, is the "most politically charged sculpture of our time," perhaps meaning that this case can't be divorced from politics after all.

You cannot make this shit up.

• Haha 1

That's a rather bizarre lawsuit though highly amusing.

Riverdale this week was so, so great with their take on Breakfast Club (and it had Anthony Michael Hall in it to boot!)  I absolutely adored how it started off with the 80s vibe and its gradual descent into madness once the game was being played.  And I love they found a way to get Jughead's dad to wear a crown which was a nice "Like father, like son" type of thing.  It's become one of my absolute favorite shows to watch.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

So, they must be heading to a Sabrina crossover, right? The creators have said it's not happening, and then saying cryptic things about it, the kid who threw himself out the hospital window showed up delivering pizza on Sabrina, and Sabrina was originally intended for the CW. Ad in that Berlanti does both shows and is a comic book geek who creates universes. 

Oh, and it appears Jughead's dad is possessed. I'd bet that Archie and Jughead end up in Greendale as they ride the rails.