DVDVR Message Board

YOUR Riverdale Sleaze Thread

Cliff Hanger

I am sorely disappointed that per IMDB, that 15-second bit in ep 1 is all the Dilton we get.  He should make an amazing machine that solves the crime, then get bribed, seduced or blackmailed into not revealing the answer. Captain Hero and Evilheart should be somehow involved.

• Like 1

I now hate the decision to split licenses when a certain kids show was created, because Riverdale needs bleach blonde Wiccan goth chick Sabrina Spellman.to vie for Archie's affections after the thing with Mrs. Grundy gets going..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Unholy Dragon said:

Just noticed the 'Hot Ms Grundy' tag. Well played.

Honestly though, I can't think of anyone under 40 named Geraldine.

First and foremost, Ms. Grundy has nothing on the smoke show that is Veronica's mom. 

Second, I have a friend who has a younger sister named Geraldine...she's like 18 or 19. 

We are sleeping on the fact that Robin Givens is playing the role of Josie's mom and she's also the fucking mayor of Riverdale.

New ep tonight at 9PM EST.

CW must have a lot of faith in Riverdale. I just realized that it is on against mother fucking Scandal, the heavy hitter of Shonda Rimes Owns Thursday Night.

And what Johnny said.  I think it is hilarious that this show uses the shoot names from the comics for the characters while still being all business.

On 1/31/2017 at 8:25 PM, supremebve said:

First and foremost, Ms. Grundy has nothing on the smoke show that is Veronica's mom. 

Yeah,  Hermione Lodge is no joke..

Marisol Nichols recovered well from the cancellation of MTV's Teen Wolf aka the most solid show that network has produced in years.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2017 at 8:41 PM, Johnny Sorrow said:

I love that they're sticking with the names despite the show being serious. I heard Ethel is gonna be in it, too.

It is very odd yet refreshing that they're sticking with the very dated comic book names while still telling the story a very business-like manner without one ounce of camp.

Okay, somewhere along the line I missed the confirmation by Roberto at Comic Con last year that AC negotiated the return of the character licensing for Sabrina Spellman from Disney prior to the filming of the current season of Riverdale..

Let the dream casting begin!

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

We are sleeping on the fact that Robin Givens is playing the role of Josie's mom and she's also the fucking mayor of Riverdale.

I had a friend tell me that Robin Givins looks like a decepticon, and she's been less attractive to me ever since.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

Marisol Nichols recovered well from the cancellation of MTV's Teen Wolf aka the most solid show that network has produced in years.

My wife got super into Teen Wolf for a hot minute and I really like what I've seen (most of S2, about half of S3) but need to fill gaps and catch up. 

It has real similar strengths and weaknesses to the CW superhero lineup honestly. And it's a ridiculous amount of fun. Glad someone else digs it.

My daughter got me watching Teen Wolf with her.  I watched about a season and a half (the Dread Doctors season and about half a season before that).  I kinda enjoyed it but after a season and a half, I still didn't know the names of most of the characters and several of the male characters looked alike to me.

On 2/2/2017 at 11:21 PM, Cliff Hanger said:

Cheryl and Alice both seem too guilty to actually BE guilty.  I kinda want it to be Reggie just because in any timeline, Reggie is the worst human, but I doubt it's him either.

I'm ready for some unexpected twist, but one half of that equation was revealed this week with Cheryl.  I'm of the belief she got into an argument with Jason, pushed him over and she fell out in the process.  She didn't necessarily mean to kill him, it just ended up that way.  Alice is too obvious to be the one to pull the trigger.  Considering how manipulative she is I'm sensing she had her husband do it so he would take the fall.

I don't watch teen dramas, never have been my thing.  But the Archie tie-in plus the murder mystery has my full attention.  I'm loving what they're doing with it so far.