DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 104: Bermudez vs. Korean Zombie (2/4/2017) - Houston, TX (Toyota Center)

Elsalvajeloco

UFC_Fight_Night_Houson_Bermudez_vs._Kore

UFC Fight Night 104: Korean Zombie vs. Bermudez 
February 4, 2017
Houston, TX (Toyota Center)

Dennis Bermudez (145.5) vs. Chan Sung Jung (145.5) - Jung, KO (punches), R1 (2:49)
Alexa Grasso (116) vs. Felice Herrig (115.5) - Herrig, DEC (unanimous)
Abel Trujillo (156) vs. James Vick (155.5) - Vick, SUB (d'arce choke), R3 (0:49)
Ovince St. Preux (205) vs. Volkan Oezdemir (206) - Oezdemir, DEC (split)
Anthony Hamilton (258.5) vs. Marcel Fortuna (210.5) - Fortuna, KO (punch), R1 (3:10) 
Jéssica Andrade (115.5) vs. Angela Hill (116) - Andrade, DEC (unanimous)

Fox Sports 1 Preliminary Card:
Adam Milstead (233.5) vs. Curtis Blaydes (264.5) - No Contest (Blaydes Failed Drug Test for Marijuana)
Chas Skelly (146) vs. Chris Gruetzemacher (145) - Skelly, SUB (rear naked choke), R2 (2:01)
Ricardo Ramos (135) vs. Michinori Tanaka (135) - Ramos, DEC (unanimous)
Tecia Torres (115.5) vs. Bec Rawlings (117.5)* - Torres, DEC (unanimous)

Fight Pass Preliminary Card:
Alex Morono (170) vs. Niko Price (170.5) - No Contest (Price Failed Drug Test for Marijuana)
Daniel Jolly (204.5) vs. Khalil Rountree (205) - Rountree, KO (knee), R1 (0:52)

*Forfeits 20% of purse for missing weight 

Event Bonuses ($50,000):
Performance of the Night: Marcel Fortuna
Performance of the Night: Chan Sung Jung
Fight of the Night: Jéssica Andrade vs. Angela Hill

Attendance: 8,119
Gate: $611,133
Rating: 1.158 million viewers

Cancelled Bouts:
Evan Dunham vs. Abel Trujillo - Injury to Dunham
Johnny Case vs. James Vick - Injury to Case
Sheldon Westcott vs. Alex Morono - Injury to Westcott
Ovince St. Preux vs. Jan Błachowicz - Injury to Błachowicz 
Justin Ledet vs. Dmitriy Sosnovskiy - Injury to Ledet

18 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

Not shocking at all Bec missing weight.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I have to say the same thing as when Letourneau fought Viviane Pereira. In Bec's case, with her condition, I again post the question why not fight at 135 in the interim? I mean there are big girls at 135, but women's MMA (besides Cyborg being an outlier) isn't to the point where girls are straight death touching each and going to sleep. Even with the jump in the skill over the years, the KOs, TKOs, and copious amounts of punishment are not coming at the same rate as male MMA. I would be concerned if more women took two back-to-back beatings like Penne had against Joanna and Jessica Andrade, but it's not happening like that. Moreover, it's more dangerous for someone to fight dehydrated than hydrated and against a bigger opponent. A lot more bad things can happen with the former rather than the latter. Plus, you don't want to the UFC to cut you or make the decision of having to fight at a higher weight class for you. If I know I am threatening my career and possibly my life staying at a lighter weight, I'm moving up after planning how I'm going to deal with the possible size disadvantages.

Both Bec and Tecia are coming off of a couple of tough losses so this should be an interesting fight.

CSJ is coming back from nearly a two year lay off due to mandatory military service in the SK army. 

A few of my co-workers got to meet him while they were in theater for the joint US Army / ROK military exercise, Ulchi Focus Guardian 2016.

Jessica Andrade vs. Angela Hill is a great fight since both fighters are Red Hot at the moment and for some reason Hill wants this fight while most of us question why she does. Andrade has been a killer since dropping down in weight and we think Hill might just be another victim. Hill however since joining InVicta has been a killer in her own right and must see something on tape she believes will lead to her victory.

6 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Another ugly decision win for Tecia Torres.  Go figure. 

Only caught the last two rounds, but I thought it was a good performance especially for someone who has been out for almost a year. Bec really didn't force her to do anything to push the issue. Tecia chopped her down with low kicks and hit her with counters while being able to get her down (or her back) when she needed to. 

Very good performance for Chas Skelly. Someone to watch for at featherweight.

I also believe this is the first notable fight and win for the Combat Club, the Blackzilians/Jaco TC splinter group.

Stann was right. That's what happens when you have an irresponsible corner. Milstead was already losing the first round by a wide margin prior to tweaking his knee. It would have been the best thing to stop the fight in between rounds because Blaydes was too strong and was just going to continue to beat on Milstead. The corner responded poorly, and that led to Milstead having a nasty knee injury the next round.