DVDVR Message Board

2017 ROYAL RUMBLE POST SHOW DISCUSSION

RIPPA

5 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Sasha had over 2000 fans show up to a signing earlier in the day but she's jobbing on kickoff shows.  WWE has no idea what they have in Sasha and Bayley.  They continue this Charlotte PPV streak that nobody cares about.

Just like Sami Zayn, it doesn;t matter if the fans love you, if Vince doesn't understand your appeal (because he's old), you're fucked.  In a just world, Charlotte would win most overrated this year.  But Dave overrates her too, so that won't happen.  

Other random shit:

We needed two minute intervals because of how long the ramp was.  Shorter and we'd get the next guy's music while the preceding guy was just stepping through the ropes.  Did everyone use the golf cart or just the bigger dudes?

Absolutely zero cool surprise entrants was really a thing

• Like 2

To be fair - they are planning on turning Sasha soon so they think a turn wipes the slate clean so they can afford losses like this that help someone else

I'm paraphrasing Meltzer from the radio show there

7 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

And Bill Dundee was using an umbrella as a foreign object 25 years ago.

This is the second Bill Dundee reference I've seen in this topic. I heartily approve. The world would be a better place if more people tried to be more like The Superstar.

2 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

So, they have to make an angle out of Roman some how getting the 30th spot in the Rumble right? That might be the only way to salvage the whole Rollins/Triple H mess with Triple H and Stephanie saying Roman was always the one they wanted in The Shield. Seth, just jumped first.

HHH already alluded to this shortly after Rollins was injured.  He told Reigns that the only reason he chose Rollins was because he felt Seth was ruthless enough to do anything to become champion. HHH was going to hand Reigns the title pretty much on the spot that night had he joined the Authority.

Go back to last August and Stephanie looked legitimately surprised by HHH getting involved in the Universal 4-way.  She could have been acting. But what if she wasn't?  While she was on the same page as her husband about dumping Rollins, she had never shown any indication that she was cool with Owens.  HHH had, in brief snippets. Maybe she wanted to go back to their original plan.

They could play it where it's thought that Foley gave Roman the spot in some misguided attempt to do right, but it was actually Stephanie.

There's a really good story in all that, if they go for it.

Went to see Hidden Figures yesterday so only caught the last half of the CW title, AJ/Cena and the Rumble. Nothing I saw was awful AJ/Cena was a good WWE main event match, loved Neville's win with the wicked sub, the rumble was fine, it was really fun up till the end of Strauman's run then it was killing time for the part timers. Didn't like Ambrose (a former WWE Champ) getting tossed like he was nothing, but most guys were getting tossed like they didn't matter so it wasn't a huge deal. Taker looked bad, Goldberg did not look good and when Cole mentioned that Goldberg has one more title run in him I knew what that probably meant for Fastlane and was disappointed by that, Reigns coming out at 30 was a total WTF moment if that isn't the start of a heel turn than Vince is so delusional that he should be removed from power, seriously.

Also Kofi's "save" spot this year was incredibly stupid as he's lucky he didn't break his sternum on that dumb ass spot. 

1 minute ago, MarcosLoura said:

Yo, don't leave me hanging guys. This opens up even more questions.

They aren't kidding. Well Shane isn't nearly as over as he was pre Smackdown GM role. He was mega over when he came in for Mania last year. 

Goldberg basically worked because nostalgia + they didn't really script him and Goldberg did basic white meat baby face promos which naturally made him the best face on the mic in the entire company because he didn't have to spew stupidity. Vince knows how to book big guys vs. big guys and pretty much nothing else. They booked him this time like early WCW Goldberg where he spoke little and quickly disposed of everyone. 

30 minutes ago, Doubting El Dandy said:

They aren't kidding. Well Shane isn't nearly as over as he was pre Smackdown GM role. He was mega over when he came in for Mania last year. 

Goldberg basically worked because nostalgia + they didn't really script him and Goldberg did basic white meat baby face promos which naturally made him the best face on the mic in the entire company because he didn't have to spew stupidity. Vince knows how to book big guys vs. big guys and pretty much nothing else. They booked him this time like early WCW Goldberg where he spoke little and quickly disposed of everyone. 

There's still an undeniable aura to the guy too

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

Amused at all the butt-hurt over the finish. Honestly, when was the last time the Rumble proper sent people home happy for the right reasons?

Cursory glance, Probably 2006.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Oh totally forgot to mention this but if there was any guy on the roster who I would pick to like to fuck chickens it would be Enzo

Much was discussed at my viewing party about his method of said fucking of chicken.

We finally settled on where those chicken strips are actually going.

• Like 4