DVDVR Message Board

RAW IS HANDSOME RUSEV - 1/23/2017

Dolfan in NYC

Cool closing visual, other than that I didn't care for anything on this show and Raw has everyone that I hate on it. A Pedigree on the damn apron treated as nothing. Welcome back MGFanJay!

As far as Goldberg getting busted open, I also thought it was the sparks in his entrance though Graves said he "headbutted the door on his way out the locker room which he does every single time!"

1 hour ago, mattdangerously said:

Whoever decided having Reigns wrestle the same two guys over and over again every week for two fucking months is a goddamn idiot.

Hilarious that October 3 which featured Owens & Jericho vs New Day was the last Raw in which there was no combination of Reigns/Rollins in the same match as Owens/Jericho

Yeah, Goldberg already had the slight dribble of blood before he came through the fire.  This would happen to him occasionally in WCW.  The best part of his promo with the blood spilling down into his eye, was imagining Vince with his well-known hatred of blood in matches screaming into the headset backstage "Somebody wipe his forehead, goddamit!"

I think my second favourite part of the night was Alicia Fox's ridiculously over-the-top delivery and then the cut to the announcers sitting there stunned and bemused, not entirely sure what to say.

I was also thinking about how big a pop Seth Rollins would have gotten if he had decked Foley backstage for constantly being a stooge for Stephanie.  You know, in one of Foley's books Foley said that when he retired he'd love to be one of the stooges like Patterson and Brisco.  With the way he constantly stands around clueless after Stephanie puts one over on him, Foley has finally achieved his dream.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DreamBroken said:

As far as Goldberg getting busted open, I also thought it was the sparks in his entrance though Graves said he "headbutted the door on his way out the locker room which he does every single time!"

Honestly, how hillarious would it have been, had he knocked himself out during that entrance?

So who would Taker face from Raw? Rollins and HHH are a lock, Owens-Jericho and Reigns-Strowman seem to be in the cards...I guess you could keep Reigns-Owens going though Mania and do Taker-Strowman, or break Strowman off to feud with Cass and do Taker-Reigns...or they could waste another year of Taker completely by having Rusev job to him...

5 hours ago, Cristobal said:

Anyone else catch Alicia telling the fat kid in the front row in the Bayley shirt to take care of Rich Swann for her?

lol She embraces her batshit crazy with gusto

That Nia/Sasha segment was bad. First of all, Sasha should have done more damage or Nia should have sold the attack better if they were going to do the whole "Sasha slowly backs up the ramp as Nia glares at her" because it looked like Nia was not badly injured and could have just as easily chased down and beatdown the girl with the injured leg. 

I also enjoyed the sitdown interviews with Bayley and Charlotte far more than whatever was going on last week. With Nikki and Nattie bringing the hate on Smackdown Live, I need these two to step it up lol 

1 hour ago, The Comedian said:

So who would Taker face from Raw? Rollins and HHH are a lock, Owens-Jericho and Reigns-Strowman seem to be in the cards...I guess you could keep Reigns-Owens going though Mania and do Taker-Strowman, or break Strowman off to feud with Cass and do Taker-Reigns...or they could waste another year of Taker completely by having Rusev job to him...

Bob Backlund. 

• Like 1

By the way, I'm sure Maffew will highlight this, but did anyone catch Kofi clearly telling Handsome Rusev "Hey, you're bleeding man" and him disappearing for the next 90% of the 8-Man Tag?

Jesus Christ, how many catchphrases, nicknames, etc can they put on the tron and the floor for Roman's entrance?  His screen already says "ROMAN EMPIRE" and "BELIEVE THAT."  How long until we have "THE BIG DOG" and "THEE GUY?"  Vince is so fucking desperate for this Lorenzo-Lamas-in-Renegade looking doofus to get over.  GOD DAMMIT PAL WE NEED MORE NICKNAMES

• Like 6