DVDVR Message Board

RAW IS HANDSOME RUSEV - 1/23/2017

Dolfan in NYC

The Brock vs. Goldberg vs. Taker staredown was awesome, as was Neville. Loved Big E quoting Michael Scott, too. And Sasha in yoga pants? That's a win. Certainly was better than the fan tearing his shirt off for Goldberg, or Goldberg forgetting his lines.

http://insidepulse.com/2017/01/23/wwe-monday-night-raw-recap-12317-brock-and-goldberg-square-off/

Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/ne4g4gt66sqs28h2d7oa2e3qkkcg3c0q

Owens ruled tonight too -

Cole - ROMAN'S QUEST TO BECOME A DOUBLE CHAMPION.

Owens - There's no chance of that happening - just like there's no chance of you becoming a good commentary.

Owens - You're bald and not even 30.

Corey - And he lives at home with hits parents.

Owens - I'm sweating and nervous because I'M SITTING NEXT TO A DEVIANT!

Owens - CODEBREAKER! BREAK HIS CODE, CHRIS!

• Like 4

If you're talking about after his entrance, this happened to him a number of times. I think some of the burning embers firing out in his entrance wind up busting him open. Or...man...maybe his skin is really brittle?

the Rumble match itself is the most intriguing in a long ass time.  Then you have AJ and Cena which is a potential MOTYC.  Charlotte/Bayley and Sasha/Nia could both be good.  I'm not sure about Owens/Reigns and Jericho in the shark cage but it'll be interesting enough. 

I don't know what else is on the card but looking like a strong show.

22 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Whoever decided having Reigns wrestle the same two guys over and over again every week for two fucking months is a goddamn idiot.

That's a problem all over RAW, though.  SDL has the same problem, but they counter by adding elements (La Luchadora, for example, which leads to a new feud).

13 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

How'd Goldberg even get busted open? I turned away for a second and he's suddenly hardway'd.

Didn't they say he headbutted a locker? 

or...it could have been when he tripped and fell over his lines.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

That's a problem all over RAW, though.  SDL has the same problem, but they counter by adding elements (La Luchadora, for example, which leads to a new feud).

Yeah, but Roman's the only one they're super-desperate to get over.  Booking the same shit every week isn't doing him any favors.

6 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Yeah, but Roman's the only one they're super-desperate to get over.  Booking the same shit every week isn't doing him any favors.

Ultimately, it comes down to building people, which they don't do enough of.  Last week, they had Zayn and Braun working with the Big 4.  While Sami rolled-up Rollins in their match, Strowman was relegated to an 8-man tag that meant nothing. Totally inconsistent.

Even if they incorporated PTs like Goldberg and Lesnar more, it would help. At least show them interacting with the main roster more.

We all know the answers to the questions.  But until Vince/HHH/whoever work to remedy it, it doesn't matter.

• Like 1