DVDVR Message Board

ALL ENCOMPASSING STAR WARS THREAD

RIPPA

They just released the synopsis of Cassian Andor

Follows the adventures of Rebel spy Cassian Andor during the formative years of the Rebellion and prior to the events of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Diego Luna will reprise the role of Andor, which he originated in the 2016 film. The rousing spy thriller will explore tales filled with espionage and daring missions to restore hope to a galaxy in the grip of a ruthless Empire.

And you know what? It makes SO much more sense for Ahsoka to be in that series than in The Mandalorian.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Yeah if Ahsoka actually ends up being there then I have no complaints. That makes a lot more sense to me even with Andor being involved in the dirtier, darker side of the Rebels.

I mean, that's what Fulcrum was all about, right? Information?

• Like 2

Alright guys,

We just finished season 5. The back run of episodes were all great. The 7 year old is very concerned about what happens with Ahsoka next. She has no idea what Order 66 is. She knows Anakin becomes Vader, has seen Ep 1, 2, 4-9 but that's about it right now.

Now I'm trying to figure out if we go on and watch seasons 6 and 7 or if we go straight on to Ep 3 and then double back. I only have a vague sense of what's in season 6, but I know Order 66 is teased. I'm sure the idea is that everyone watching Season 6 was already supposed to know about it though so that probably impacted how the portrayed it?

I know we're mid-way on 7 (and the Ahsoka arc itself) but my big concern there is that they spoil Ahsoka becoming Fulcrum. I kind of want her to come into Rebels on the idea that Ahsoka is probably dead. 

So how much does Ep 3 and that moment of betrayal by the clones get spoiled by Season 6 of Clone Wars? (And someone keep an eye on the Ahsoka stuff in S7 for me for spoiler reasons)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Matt D said:

So how much does Ep 3 and that moment of betrayal by the clones get spoiled by Season 6 of Clone Wars? (And someone keep an eye on the Ahsoka stuff in S7 for me for spoiler reasons)

None of it.

And IMO, it's doubtful there will be any hint that Ahsoka will become Fulcrum, because she didn't until some years later, as I recall from the overview I got of her book.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Matt D said:

I know we're mid-way on 7 (and the Ahsoka arc itself) but my big concern there is that they spoil Ahsoka becoming Fulcrum. I kind of want her to come into Rebels on the idea that Ahsoka is probably dead. 

Ahsoka doesn't become Fulcrum until years later when she on the run from what I've gathered. pretty sure Clone Wars will just end with showing how she survived the initial Purge. No reason to leave the kid thinking she is dead.

16 hours ago, Matt D said:

Now I'm trying to figure out if we go on and watch seasons 6 and 7 or if we go straight on to Ep 3 and then double back. I only have a vague sense of what's in season 6, but I know Order 66 is teased. I'm sure the idea is that everyone watching Season 6 was already supposed to know about it though so that probably impacted how the portrayed it?

The big stuff for S6 the opening arc with the Order 66 revelation and the ending arc with Yoda's investigation into the death of Sifo-Dyas. That first one is kind of depressing. The second one less so.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2020 at 8:59 AM, Matt D said:

They just released the synopsis of Cassian Andor

And you know what? It makes SO much more sense for Ahsoka to be in that series than in The Mandalorian.

Depends on the timing compared to Rogue One. 

Edited by TheVileOne

• 2 weeks later...

We made it through the first arc of Season 6. She knows about Order 66 now, to a degree, but I think she hasn't fully worked out the scope of it. It was good stuff obviously. We're going to slow down just a little bit since I thought S7 had 10 episodes but it has 12, so that's another two weeks and we're so close to the end.

Also:

https://www.cbr.com/report-rosario-dawson-contract-multiple-star-wars-shows/

Looks like Dawson MAY be in the Andor show as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that's that, then.

https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-clone-wars-reveals-origin-of-fulcrum/

We have one more episode of the Clovis Arc in Clone Wars S6. We hit the remaining 7 episodes and then go on to Ep III, Solo, Rogue One, and Rebels Season 1 before doubling back to Clone Wars S7. 

That's decided. There's no way I'm letting the Fulcrum reveal get spoiled for the kid.

On 4/19/2020 at 3:47 AM, TheVileOne said:

Hide contents

Wouldn't that be an obvious tell for Vader to figure out who Fulcrum is?

Spoiler

It was used multiple times by different people, and Vader was likely under the assumption Ahsoka was dead.

Thought the first episode to final Clone Wars arc was nice. Still seeing as how its all likely to end I do hope Disney does a bunch of follow up specials to various characters and stories post Clone Wars.

Variety is reporting that a new Star Wars series is in development at Disney+ from Russian Doll co-creator and showrunner Leslye Headland.

Plot details are being kept under wraps, but the outlet notes that the series will be a female-centric show that takes place in a different part of the Star Wars timeline than other projects.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2020 at 7:59 AM, Matt D said:

Hopefully it's the rumored Aphra show. 

This feels unlikely to me despite rumors as Aphra is technically a bit too close to a villain. Her showing up in a series, game, or movie seems possible. Her being the focus of one seems unlikely.

1 minute ago, Eivion said:

This feels unlikely to me despite rumors as Aphra is technically a bit too close to a villain. Her showing up in a series, game, or movie seems possible. Her being the focus of one seems unlikely.

I mean... we've seen her as a protagonist? A lot.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matt D said:

She's really more of a tweener?

Arguable. The point is she is kind of such a destructive character who brings everyone down with her due to her selfishness and general negative world views that I have trouble seeing them wanting to give her a show. Keep in mind for Lucasfilms, Star Wars is more about hope than anything else. I just can't see them wanting her to lead. if it happened though I would totally be down for it.

Edited by Eivion

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Arguable. The point is she is kind of such a destructive character who brings everyone down with her due to her selfishness and general negative world views that I have trouble seeing them wanting to give her a show. Keep in mind for Lucasfilms, Star Wars is more about hope than anything else. I just can't see them wanting her to lead. if it happened though I would totally be down for it.

I mean...

http://www.toddalcott.com/the-phantom-menace.html

Who's the protagonist?

• Like 2

I’m really caught off guard in how much Clone Wars has exceeded my expectations. 

I generally avoid movies and shows with this type of animation.  Whatever it is it about it, gets in the way of my being able to enjoy this brand.  But Clones and Rebels takes such time and care in building story and characters.  I’m really impressed.

• Like 1