DVDVR Message Board

ALL ENCOMPASSING STAR WARS THREAD

RIPPA

4 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

My wife and I just finished binging Succession.  I know it’s supposedly based on the Murdochs, but I liked to imagine Logan was based on Vince, Kendall was Shane, and Shiv/Tom were Steph and HHH.

I think you posted this one in the wrong thread.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2020 at 7:24 PM, Eivion said:

The last episode of Clone Wars was fantastic, and I agree that it needs to be put together into a film. Honestly, I just want a follow up on what happened to Rex and Ahsoka afterwards. 

Its a solid action movie-esque arc and has nice character bits for Anakin and Rex. I actually wouldn't suggest skipping it.

If you skip anything in Season 7 it's the god awful Martez Sisters arc. It's surprising because it's almost written like it came from a totally different show. 

The last four episodes were epic, unquestionably. Obviously, I have some quibbles. For starters, they are basically writing to connect the dots of Revenge of the Sith. So, a lot characters who were built up most of the show aren't missing and just not around because they have to service the Episode 3 events.

Maul was really cool this episode as well, but like if Maul was this consistently powerful, he should've never lost a fight to anyone. Dude just stood there while he got split in two by Padawan Kenobi.

But all the action was great. An emotional conclusion for the series for Rex and Ahsoka at least.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2020 at 8:22 PM, TheVileOne said:

If you skip anything in Season 7 it's the god awful Martez Sisters arc. It's surprising because it's almost written like it came from a totally different show. 

I hear where you're coming from but I just watched the 7 year old leap off the couch and yell at the tv and totally mark out when Ahsoka finally used the force to pull the winch/trace's droid up and the music hit. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 5/7/2020 at 8:22 PM, TheVileOne said:

I suspect, from the fact that Anakin is on Coruscant, that this was supposed to be set sometime early season 6 timeline, and not barrelling towards RoTS timeline. 

2 hours ago, Brandon Bones said:

Hmmm.  I kinda liked the Martez sisters.

The arc was amusing. It was just 2 episodes too long and not the arc you want building to the end of the series. Bad Batch was in a similar situation. I'm guessing neither were originally supposed to be this close to the end of the series, but they were solid stories for Ahsoka's and Rex's characters. Bad Batch was also just a fun concept in general.

• Like 1

I’m thinking that my love for everything in the final 4 has eclipsed whatever criticism could be rightfully applied to the prior 8. 

But I really can’t even care that much about them when I got so much payoff at the end.  Watching all in a session is a good choice.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 10:27 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Season 2 cannot get here fast enough.

God, no.  Not this Karen Traviss Boba Fett Cannot Die bullshit.  Lucas must've thrown up a little in his mouth when he brought up his Twitter feed.

You know who needs a Star Wars comeback?  HK-47.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 4

Considering Morrison also played all the Clones in the movies, him showing up to play Rex(or another clone) is way more likely than Fett, especially if Ahsoka is showing up.

• Like 1

I'm excited for all of the casting news for the Mandalorian, but that series needs to be more than what it was in the first season. Mandalorian was both one of the coolest series I saw and at the same one of the most boring. I swear you could get by with maybe 4 episodes from season 1 where the rest was just the most filler crap ever. I'm hoping season 2 is more engaging and consistent from start to finish.

• Like 2

I'm gonna be real with y'all. I'm really whatever on Boba Fett being in the show. I'm one of those people that felt like the character never did much to deserve all of the love. Now if you tell me that someone like Cad Bane is being brought into The Mandalorian, I might do a flip.

• Like 2

1. Everyone should watch the last 5-10 minutes of the second Gallery: Mandalorian thing on Disney+ to hear Filoni talk about Phantom Menace and Duel of the Fates.

2. We're through the first five episodes of Season 2 of Rebels. 7 year old was delighted to see Rex again and exasperated to see Hondo. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought Hondo worked rather well especially since Ezra was way more impressionable than Asoka and Anakin and was semi in the criminal lifestyle anyways. Lando was definitely more fan service than anything else. I was just happy to hear Billy Dee Williams voice.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 2

I loved Hondo in Rebels. It's like, he's not a TERRIBLE person, but I can't help but love the fact that every time he shows up, things go off the rails because he can't help but serve his own interests. He knows he can talk Ezra into just about anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1