DVDVR Message Board

ALL ENCOMPASSING STAR WARS THREAD

RIPPA

Three episodes in the newest Clone Wars and I'm like, "This is what they waited years to show?" Everything's been very by the numbers, no surprises or even anything very interesting other than a couple of the Troop 99 tricks. 

Edited by JLSigman

I enjoyed the arc. The Bad Batch were a fun crew. It was nice seeing Rex get a focus arc before things ended. I also dug the idea of Echo being alive and tied into the system for so long. I do think it would have been a bit more interesting if they were forced to off him for the Republic's and Echo's own good opposed to actually rescuing him, but that isn't the type of stuff they seem to do normally in these types of Star Wars series. I wasn't expecting anything big from this arc though anyways as it was mainly about getting to show off the Bad Batch before the end. The bigger stuff which is Ahsoka focused will seemingly come next. That is the stuff fans have been waiting years for.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

The Rise of Skywalker is being released for digital purchase (not on D+ yet) a week or two early.

With the Clone Wars, I feel like these 4 episodes could've probably been compressed into 3 without missing anything.

I really enjoyed the arc, but I agree. Specifically I feel like those first two episode probably could have been combined. Still really enjoyed the Bad batch and dug the ending. Honestly, it makes me disappointed there aren't more adventures with them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

Mandalorian S2: Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka.

https://www.slashfilm.com/rosario-dawson-ahsoka-mandalorian/

That seems odd if true. I kind of assumed whatever further story they wanted for Ahsoka would be saved for whenever a follow up on Thrawn and Ezra was done. Also not sure why they wouldn't just go with the voice actress. She is in decent enough shape, is around the right age, and Dawson would just sound so far off for the character.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Eivion said:

That seems odd if true. I kind of assumed whatever further story they wanted for Ahsoka would be saved for whenever a follow up on Thrawn and Ezra was done. Also not sure why they wouldn't just go with the voice actress. She is in decent enough shape, is around the right age, and Dawson would just sound so far off for the character.

1. Mandalorian is a much bigger deal with a different audience than Clone Wars/Rebels.

2. Rosario Dawson is a star. Ashley Eckstein is a talent.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I get that. I just think Dawson is pretty far off from the character in general. Even if they wanted a star Dawson doesn't seem like the logical choice.

It's a TV show but who knows how much CG will come into play. It seems that she sought out the role too, so...

• Like 1

maxresdefault.jpg

Ashley Eckstein and Ahsoka Tano.

I can see why they would cast Rosario Dawson. The facial resemblance is greater... tough break for Eckstein, but Mark Hamill never got to play the Joker in live action either. Also, i never noticed how close Ahsoka's skin tone was to a human one. Shaak Ti is also a Togruta and she was bright red:

450?cb=20160914002036

39 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Ahsoka being in S2 ups the chances of also getting Sabine,  since the 2 of them were going after Ezra and Sabine has story with the Darksaber.

Sabine gave the Darksaber to Bo-Katan before the end of Rebels.

I actually misread Raziel's comment as Sabine still having the Darksaber. You make a decent point. The issue is Ahsoka and Sabine left off in search of Ezra at the end of the war. Mandalorian is five years later. I have trouble seeing them potentially spoil that just have Ahsoka appear in the Mandalorian. 

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

I actually misread Raziel's comment as Sabine still having the Darksaber. You make a decent point. The issue is Ahsoka and Sabine left off in search of Ezra at the end of the war. Mandalorian is five years later. I have trouble seeing them potentially spoil that just have Ahsoka appear in the Mandalorian. 

9 years later. And they could just bump into each other while searching. 

Clone Wars update:

We've made it past the S5 hump. Sacrifice was skipped since it's supposed to air before Eminence, so we made it through the Freedom Fighters arc, the Younglings arc, and now finally, the Droids arc. It's all downhill from here. Maul. Mandalorians. Jedi Temple bombing. 

At this point, I'm definitely more excited for the 7-year old's reaction to eventual Fulcrum reveal than I was for the "I am Your Father" one. When that came, she'd only spent a little bit of time with Luke and Vader, just a couple of hours. She's spent a ton of time with Ahsoka and can relate a lot more. 

We'll see how things go with time home and what not. We'll watch S6 of Clone Wars since it's short, but may just skip to the current Ahsoka arc of S7. Then Ep III and Solo, and right on to Rebels.

She has 0 idea about Order 66 at this point. It's such a weird way to experience all of this. None of the stuff all of us takes for granted is actually for granted. 

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JLSigman said:

9 years later. And they could just bump into each other while searching. 

Everything I see says 5 years later. Where is the 9 coming from? I was under the impression Ahsoka and Sabine left for the search not long after the war ended. I somehow doubt they are still searching five years later.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Raziel said:

I somehow doubt they *wouldn't* still be searching 5 years later.

Space is a big place

Edit: meant to quote the response above....

Edited by elizium

Another one of my problems with Clone Wars. The show went on weird tangents sometimes and did a lot of goofy storylines I had no interest in.

Rebels did have its problems. Season 3 basically felt like a waste. But I felt like they cut out a lot of the fatty, nonsense storytelling.

21 hours ago, Eivion said:

Everything I see says 5 years later. Where is the 9 coming from? I was under the impression Ahsoka and Sabine left for the search not long after the war ended. I somehow doubt they are still searching five years later.

The Mandalorian is set at the beginning of this chaotic period, just five years after the Battle of Endor—placing the series at 9 ABY on the timeline
From this link: https://www.newsweek.com/mandalorian-timeline-star-wars-galaxy-events-disney-plus-first-order-1473583