DVDVR Message Board

ALL ENCOMPASSING STAR WARS THREAD

RIPPA

8 hours ago, Raziel said:

Fuckin' Jawas

Jawas are better fighters than Ewoks. Who knew.

The Sandcrawler action scene was fun. Basically an Indiana Jones scene in a Star Wars show. I especially liked that moment of Mando riding in the cockpit with the Jawas and bunking his head. 

It gets across that Mando is a human and not some fan-fiction-y wish fulfillment character. 

• Like 2

Does anyone have a theory on how the bounty hunter tracking fobs work? 

Like the tracking fobs seem keyed into the actual specific bounty marks. How do you think the tracking fobs are able to track a single, unique individual? Did their DNA get tagged at some point and that's how the fob tracks it? Sort of like a digital DNA or fingerprint tracker, so the bounties were in a network or system at some point?

On 11/16/2019 at 2:26 AM, TheVileOne said:

Does anyone have a theory on how the bounty hunter tracking fobs work? 

Like the tracking fobs seem keyed into the actual specific bounty marks. How do you think the tracking fobs are able to track a single, unique individual? Did their DNA get tagged at some point and that's how the fob tracks it? Sort of like a digital DNA or fingerprint tracker, so the bounties were in a network or system at some point?

I'm guessing it's a DNA tracker that when combined with the Chain Code (which seems to be the Star Wars equivalent of a social security number) can get you to who you're looking for. Hence why our bounty hunter buddy was like, "Wait, just his birth year?" and shock at what kind of alien it was. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zartan said:

Is the baby another Yoda as in another one of the species or the actual Yoda? 

Another in the Species.  I kinda thought of the reincarnation angle except that the baby is 50 and this is only 5 years post ROTJ (where Yoda died), and Yoda's ghost is in TLJ, so it's a seperate being.

Gonna spoiler the shit out of this photo leak. Anyone interested in the leaker’s version of the ending lmk and I’ll spoiler box that too. ?

the-rise-of-skywalker-leak-image-rey-kyl

And no i’m not referring to the “Lucas is back” or fictitious test screening scores and changes crap being pushed around. 

• Like 1

Hopefully this isn’t too confusing. 

Kylo ditches the dark side and becomes Ben Solo. In the picture he looks beat up because he had to get through the Knights of Ren first to get to Rey. At this point Rey gives Ben a lightsaber(No one is 100% sure who’s most say his mom’s) and before the fight starts Palapatine’s line from the trailer about their togetherness being their downfall plays out as he drains a bunch of power from Rey/Kylo and the Emperor’s a super badass again. At this point the final battle begins. Kylo bites it down a shaft never to be seen again. After this Rey fights and defeats the Emperor (who is Rey’s grandfather btw). After all this, on some random planet , the end features someone asking Rey her name and she answers “Rey Skywalker”. The end

• Thanks 1

My favorite stand out thing, is that Mando still ended up losing after scaling the Sandcrawler, and had to go an alternate route, and needed Baby to assist in the end.

Traviss' Fett would've smoked the whole lot with a single shot, killed the rhino and had it for dinner without a scratch.

• Like 2