DVDVR Message Board

ALL ENCOMPASSING STAR WARS THREAD

RIPPA

16 hours ago, Matt D said:

So, the 7 year old is sort of, kind of into Star Wars at this point. We had a few false starts with A New Hope, but we've now made it through Eps IV-VI and I-II. With the reveal in V, she gasped audibly and then immediately went "Oh wait, I knew that." There was also a "This was really important to you when you were a kid, wasn't it?" moment. Anyway, we've moved on to Rebels (which she seems more into than any of the movies so far), but having not watched Clone Wars, I'm a little worried, so we're hotshotting through a lot of the big Ahsoka moments on youtube. I actually never watched most of Clone Wars, so I'm sort of going with guesswork. There's no way I'm watching 100+ episodes of it though. 

That is a pity though I can't blame you for not wanting to go through all of Clone Wars still. Still there was a lot of good stuff focused on the Clones. Its also where Maul returns and first tries building up a Crime Syndicate to defeat Palpatine. You get fun episodes surrounding Hondo Ohnaka who will also pops up in Rebels a few times. Ahsoka's last arc was pretty darn good as well. We also got some neat look at non-Jedi and non-Sith force users including an episode that kind of shows why Anakin/Vader is so damn strong. 

Edited by Eivion

4 minutes ago, Eivion said:

That is a pity though I can't blame you for not wanting to go through all of Clone Wars still. Still there was a lot of good stuff focused on the Clones. Its also where Maul returns and first tries building up a Crime Syndicate to defeat Palpatine. You get fun episodes surrounding Hondo Ohnaka who will also pops up in Rebels a few times. Ahsoka's last arc was pretty darn good as well. We also got some neat look at non-Jedi and non-Sith force users including an episode that kind of shows why Anakin/Vader is so damn strong. 

Realistically, we can get her through 3 to 5 episodes of Rebels a weekend, And very little during the week. I'd like to strike while the iron is hot instead of doubling back. 

I zig instead of zag  and the window will pass and she will have moved onto Descendants. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So reportedly - Ewan McGregor has agreed to return to the Obi-Wan Kenobi role for a TV series on Disney+

So yeah - the long rumored movie is now a TV show

Oh and a trailer for The Mandalorian is supposed to come out this week

Awesome. Obi wan was one of the best things about the prequels. . . 

I'm just REALLY happy that the Mandolorian *ISN'T* Boba Fett.  I know most of it's all been erased via Disney Edict, but I couldn't think of something I'd want to see LESS than Karen Traviss' Boba Fett given screen time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raziel said:

I'm just REALLY happy that the Mandolorian *ISN'T* Boba Fett.  I know most of it's all been erased via Disney Edict, but I couldn't think of something I'd want to see LESS than Karen Traviss' Boba Fett given screen time.

There has been nothing hinting towards the character being Boba Fett, and I'm not sure why you assume it would be based on the version that you dislike so much.

5 minutes ago, Eivion said:

There has been nothing hinting towards the character being Boba Fett, and I'm not sure why you assume it would be based on the version that you dislike so much.

I'm not assuming it is.  I'm glad it's NOT.  Then I just wanted to take a shot at the most Mary Sue character in the EU.

34 minutes ago, Raziel said:

I'm not assuming it is.  I'm glad it's NOT.  Then I just wanted to take a shot at the most Mary Sue character in the EU.

Ah, totally misread part of that. So what if it had been Boba Fett, but had nothing to do with Traviss's version?

On 8/19/2019 at 12:23 PM, Eivion said:

So we've hit episode 7 of Rebels, which is the first one where Fulcrum is mentioned heavily and they go to the old Rebel Base. The Clone Wars was mentioned and she's demanded we stop and go back and watch it. So maybe that's what we're doing.

Per D23, the Trilogies have been renamed Age of the Republic, Age of the Rebellion,  and Age of the Resistance,  with all official things fitting into one of the ages.

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

So we've hit episode 7 of Rebels, which is the first one where Fulcrum is mentioned heavily and they go to the old Rebel Base. The Clone Wars was mentioned and she's demanded we stop and go back and watch it. So maybe that's what we're doing.

That is surprising, but neat. Skip the Jar Jar and robot episodes and you should mostly be good though some of the political side is a bit boring.

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

Per D23, the Trilogies have been renamed Age of the Republic, Age of the Rebellion,  and Age of the Resistance,  with all official things fitting into one of the ages.

Interesting, the comics have been putting out one shots under these banners for the last 9-10 months.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Game of Thrones creators David Benioff & D.B. Weiss are no longer making their Star Wars movies

They say it is because of their contract with Netflix

We say it is because they give terrible, self-defeating interviews regularly.

• Like 2

On 8/23/2019 at 2:08 PM, Eivion said:

Ah, totally misread part of that. So what if it had been Boba Fett, but had nothing to do with Traviss's version?

It takes place five years after RoTJ so Fett should still be roasting in the belly of the Sarlacc.   The Disney+ Mandalorian is not Boba Fett

If Fett DID manage to survive and if the titular Mandalorian were Boba Fett, then the show would definitely have some link to Traviss's Fett since Chapter 1 Page 1 has Boba shooting his way out of the Sarlacc's stomach after biding his time to make sure that the battle that was Solo's rescue from Jabba had concluded before making his escape.

Mandalorian armor is made out of the strongest metals in the galaxy, you know, and Boba Fett has a healing factor and all the best super powers. *eyes roll*

I am just bummed that this Mandalorian doesn't have a modified Firespray 31 patrol craft as his personal ship, but the Slave 1's weren't standard Mandalorian issue and I think that Jango purchased that ship from Kuat Drive Yards with his own personal wealth.

Edited by J.T.

34 minutes ago, J.T. said:

It takes place five years after RoTJ so Fett should still be roasting in the belly of the Sarlacc.   The Disney+ Mandalorian is not Boba Fett

If Fett DID manage to survive and if the titular Mandalorian were Boba Fett, then the show would definitely have some link to Traviss's Fett since Chapter 1 Page 1 has Boba shooting his way out of the Sarlacc's stomach after biding his time to make sure that the battle that was Solo's rescue from Jabba had concluded before making his escape.

Mandalorian armor is made out of the strongest metals in the galaxy, you know, and Boba Fett has a healing factor and all the best super powers. *eyes roll*

I am just bummed that this Mandalorian doesn't have a modified Firespray 31 patrol craft as his personal ship, but the Slave 1's weren't standard Mandalorian issue and I think that Jango purchased that ship from Kuat Drive Yards with his own personal wealth.

I've never read the books so I have no hate for the idea of Boba Fett surviving. That question from month's ago was just an idle curiosity. I know the Mandalorian isn't Fett. No reason to think otherwise.

• Like 1