DVDVR Message Board

ALL ENCOMPASSING STAR WARS THREAD

RIPPA

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

- IG-88 (the robot bounty hunter) will be a part of The Mandalorian

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I'm suddenly more excited for this TV series than the movies.

I'm also wondering if we wind up seeing IG-90 and Dr. Aphra at some point. 

Didn't realize that was actually IG-88 since the initial reports didn't mention his name. Thought maybe it was a different unit.

On 12/27/2018 at 1:38 PM, Craig H said:

Honestly, its 50/50 on whether Aphra is even still alive by this point. I don't even think they have been specific about the time frame aside from it being between ROTJ and TFA. That is about a three decade difference. Its also in the outer parts of the galaxy. Aphra oddly enough hangs around in the area the Empire/Republic generally are.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

So apparently Kathleen Kennedy said they are developing "something" based on Knights of the Old Republic

The rumor going around is that this is the movie trilogy that Benioff and Weiss would be working on.

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So apparently Kathleen Kennedy said they are developing "something" based on Knights of the Old Republic

It won't be, but I would love for it to be basec on the comic about Zayne Carrick.

On 4/17/2019 at 5:37 AM, RIPPA said:

"Something to look at" could be a game, a book, a comic, or any number of things.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 8:37 AM, RIPPA said:

A broken video game?

• 5 weeks later...

Aj1t5RA.jpg

#DayOneIsh

Galaxy's Edge is amazing.  Anyone that has a chance to go, absolutely go.  Piloting the Millennium Falcon on Smuggler's Run is incredible.  It's the next morning and I still feel like a giddy little kid. 

• Like 6

On 12/27/2018 at 11:38 AM, Craig H said:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I'm suddenly more excited for this TV series than the movies.

It's not IG-88. This is IG-11.

• 2 months later...

So, the 7 year old is sort of, kind of into Star Wars at this point. We had a few false starts with A New Hope, but we've now made it through Eps IV-VI and I-II. With the reveal in V, she gasped audibly and then immediately went "Oh wait, I knew that." There was also a "This was really important to you when you were a kid, wasn't it?" moment. Anyway, we've moved on to Rebels (which she seems more into than any of the movies so far), but having not watched Clone Wars, I'm a little worried, so we're hotshotting through a lot of the big Ahsoka moments on youtube. I actually never watched most of Clone Wars, so I'm sort of going with guesswork. There's no way I'm watching 100+ episodes of it though. 

There's also stuff from Episode III she clearly doesn't know, but I'm not quite ready for that yet.

So reportedly - Ewan McGregor has agreed to return to the Obi-Wan Kenobi role for a TV series on Disney+

So yeah - the long rumored movie is now a TV show

Oh and a trailer for The Mandalorian is supposed to come out this week

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So reportedly - Ewan McGregor has agreed to return to the Obi-Wan Kenobi role for a TV series on Disney+

So yeah - the long rumored movie is now a TV show

Not surprising.  Disney+ needs weekend binge materiel and the SW folder was surprisingly devoid of long form content while Marvel will have at least three TV shows going on.

19 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Not surprising.  Disney+ needs weekend binge materiel and the SW folder was surprisingly devoid of long form content while Marvel will have at least three TV shows going on.

The Mandalorian and the series about Cassian Andor were already in development so this makes the third Star Wars title already