DVDVR Message Board

ALL ENCOMPASSING STAR WARS THREAD

RIPPA

On 9/5/2018 at 1:46 PM, Beech27 said:

Today's ink blot test:

But! It's down relative to TFA.

But! Physical media sells less well in general now, and TFA had more special editions and novelty in its favor.

Was anyone really thinking Last Jedi was not going to move a lot of units? 

With no prompting someone on a Power Rangers instagram pic went on a rant about Last Jedi, SJWs and some other echo chamber terms no sane person would use. 

Caught Solo on Redbox over the weekend. I liked it way more than I was expecting. Parts felt a little insubstantial but I laughed a lot and it was amazing how thoroughly fan-service-y the whole thing was, especially considering no fans actually wanted it in the first place. It didn't feel like an event, but it did kind of make me feel like I was 13 and playing X-Wing and reading Tales From the Mos Eisley Cantina or something. 

• Like 3

On 9/6/2018 at 10:38 AM, Craig H said:

No, I think you're right. It's so easy to divide people, so why not divide them over this shit as well. I certainly thought about this being the result of troll factories or 4chan/8chan. It certainly passes the sniff test with how ridiculous it is. To many of us, hell, probably all of us, we can look at this garbage like trying to start a re-make TLJ movement complete with shitty logo and see that this is too ridiculous to believe unless you're a rube so of course a bunch of people would fall for it and let it divide them. That's been the M.O. for troll factories and 4chan/8chan for awhile now.

It's fucking weird that we live in the greatest age of information where nearly all information, accurate information is available from the palm of your hand and yet so many fall for the trap.

9 hours ago, Matt D said:

Caught Solo on Redbox over the weekend. I liked it way more than I was expecting. Parts felt a little insubstantial but I laughed a lot and it was amazing how thoroughly fan-service-y the whole thing was, especially considering no fans actually wanted it in the first place. It didn't feel like an event, but it did kind of make me feel like I was 13 and playing X-Wing and reading Tales From the Mos Eisley Cantina or something. 

I watched it over the weekend and really liked it much more than I thought I would have.  I was kind of blown away by how good it actually was.  I don't think Disney needs to dial back the "a Star Wars every year" plan based on this film's perceived failure.  I think they need to can the guy who decided putting this out unhyped six months after the last one was a good idea.

2 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I watched it over the weekend and really liked it much more than I thought I would have.  I was kind of blown away by how good it actually was.  I don't think Disney needs to dial back the "a Star Wars every year" plan based on this film's perceived failure.  I think they need to can the guy who decided putting this out unhyped six months after the last one was a good idea.

I liked what all of this set up too. I could have gone for a loose Trilogy surrounding this stuff (maybe a Boba Fett movie and the Kenobi one, where he's on the margins, and Solo 2) all leading to some sort of weird team up where they have to battle Crimson Dawn.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I'm guessing eventually all the Crimson Dawn stuff gets done in comics

Probably not. Its clear Crimson Dawn was made for Solo and maybe the spin-off movies in that time period in general. None of the ongoing comics are really covering that time period.

Kennedy was extended another 3  years, so the current run, while scaled back as far as features go, isn't going anywhere.  Cartoons will fill in the high profile stuff,  like the Crimson Dawn stuff (basically, fill in between Ep III and Rebels.).

The Mandalorian has my interest for the setting and current list of directors (I'm excited for Filoni and Waititi).

On 10/3/2018 at 3:06 PM, Raziel said:

Kennedy was extended another 3  years, so the current run, while scaled back as far as features go, isn't going anywhere.  Cartoons will fill in the high profile stuff,  like the Crimson Dawn stuff (basically, fill in between Ep III and Rebels.).

I would be fine with this. I loved Clone Wars and Rebels so the cartoons handling other high profile shit that can't fit into or make it to the movies is fine with me.

• 4 weeks later...

Well it won't be via a Boba Fett movie

Kathleen Kennedy officially confirmed what most suspected and that the plans for a Boba Fett movie have been cancelled

On 10/3/2018 at 12:56 PM, Eivion said:

Probably not. Its clear Crimson Dawn was made for Solo and maybe the spin-off movies in that time period in general. None of the ongoing comics are really covering that time period.

Vader's can. His current comic covers the time between the prequels and IV.