DVDVR Message Board

ALL ENCOMPASSING STAR WARS THREAD

RIPPA

Got my tickets for 8am Saturday morning for $6.99 each.

Gotta love AMC and their cheap movies before noon, even when it's big films like this. 

And yea - reviews are pretty much EVERYWHERE today, so it's time to quit everything but my safe little wrestling corner of the internet.  I've already seen more than I'd liked to just from headlines alone. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, The Natural said:

My best friend who is like a brother to me is mad into Star Wars and he's gradually got me into them. I'm no hardcore aficionado like yous here so my casual take on what I've seen be something something (Family Guy) like this:

1. The Empire Strikes Back.

2. A New Hope.

3. Return of the Jedi.

4. The Force Awakens.

5. Rogue One.

6. Revenge of the Sith.

7. The Phantom Menace.

8. Attack of the Clones.

I'd flip 4 & 5, but otherwise, this is correct.   

Remember, Episode 2 is forever the worst movie in the franchise:

• Like 1

Pretty sure it's a review because not to be gross, who the fuck masturbates for 90 minutes. And they're typically very good break downs of movies. The Ghostbusters 2016 Plinkett review is great, as are all of the Star Wars movies.

If it isn't a review, then it's a complete dissection.

My official spoiler-free review of Star Wars: The Last Jedi for anyone who wants to give it a look before Friday.

Good movie but I liked The Force Awakens more.  Rian Johnson made something different.  He breaks from typical Star Wars rules and conventions a lot.  However, in doing so he uses other cinematic cliches and oft-used devices in their place.  At some points, I found Johnson's style refreshing.  Other times, I wish someone would've told him to pull it back a little bit more.  

I rank it above Rogue One though.  The main characters are still way better.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

Pretty sure it's a review because not to be gross, who the fuck masturbates for 90 minutes.

Well, when you have bad insomnia as a teen, you either teach yourself to go often, or teach yourself to go long ;)

Also, I wasn't going to see this opening night, but I buckled this morning and got my tickets to the general admission theater. Surprisingly, tickets were only $6.50. I feel like I bought tickets for some knock off movie.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Cody has a HUGE clan for Clash of Clans. Him, Xavier, Cesaro, and a bunch of others are in it.

Yeah, I'm not surprised that they are hardcore gamers. 

I just figured that they would be more into League of Legends than Clash of Clans.

My wife still wants a porg under the tree tomorrow.  Not a plush toy, an honest-to-god living porg.  Yeah, I'm screwed on that one seeing that they are.... oh, I dunno....completely imaginary.

So help me... I'm tempted to half-wrap an empty box with a hole in it and tell her out dog ate the porg.  But that's seems a bit dark for Christmas morning.

The joke was funny the first couple times she mentioned it  a week ago.  It ran its course quite quickly.

• 3 weeks later...