DVDVR Message Board

ALL ENCOMPASSING STAR WARS THREAD

RIPPA

I don't understand how anyone could watch that trailer and not see that its loaded with misdirection. I'm willing to bet that the trailer spoiled less than 5% of the movie. It's not like, you know, showing off Doomsday in the BvS trailers, or revealing however many other cool surprises that trailers love to show.

• 3 weeks later...

5 year old is vehement about seeing "Star Wars 2" next month. We have Force Awakens for her 15 year old brother and she's seen it in parts a bunch of times. I told her that if she could sit through A New Hope and not lose interest, we'd see. I sat next to her and we made it about 15 minutes until she lost interest, which is a bit more than I was expecting, to be honest. We'll try again later.

I did something similar with my daughter when she was 5 in advance of Star Wars. I thought I would see how she would do with A New Hope and she barely paid attention and wound up asking a ton of questions because she didn't pay any attention. Even still, she desperately wanted to see TFA.

So, we got tickets to TFA where she wouldn't have toys to play with, an iPad to grab, and she would have snacks and whatever to watch the movie. Despite our seats being in the front row, she loved it and we've watched it a couple more times at home. Now 7, she's been all about wanting to see the Last Jedi.

My daughter has no interest In going to see Last Jedi but if I don't get her a Porg plushie for Christmas, I may have to shoot her.

I thought that her reluctance to see Last Jedi was a sign that I did not raise her properly, but then I reminded myself of how apeshit she went when Matt Brown elbow KTFOed Diego Sanchez when we were at the UFC show on Saturday night.

19 hours ago, Travis Sheldon said:

Porgs, or as I like to call them JarJar 2.0.

Thanks, Disney.

Why couldn't they give the push to that Glaceon looking ice wolf from the trailer?

JarJar 2.0?  That would take a ton to make them even a fraction as annoying as Jar Jar.   But it is smart on their part to market the shit out of this.  Between the Pops and the plushies they're going to make a goldmine off that little fella.

Besides, as corny as this might be I'd be half tempted to wear this opening weekend (common sense might kick in by then)

Spoiler

Image result for porg moon shirt

Edited by NikoBaltimore
Sorry, Mickie
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, J.T. said:

If I show my kid that shirt, Niko, I will have to buy if for her.

I blame you If I have to do that.  Just sayin'.

Aw, but I'm sure she'd love that so I'll just say "You're welcome" in advance.  :) That is if you can get through a tiny-as-fuck Hot Topic store to get it.  If I were to get it I'd get that and the LIJ shirt that they amazingly have there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mickie Zeidler said:

Mongoloid? Jesus fuck, you people.

Holy shit I didn't fully realize what that meant (heard it used before but not grasping what it actually meant)  I apologize, I should have thought better about that.  I'll change it now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 3:57 PM, Travis Sheldon said:

Porgs, or as I like to call them JarJar 2.0.

Porgs are more like Ewoks 2.0. 

Jar Jar Binks was about as marketable as:

Marketing FaiI take a sheet in the pool

What would your kid rather have?  This?

Porg-Pop-2-615x439.jpeg

Or this?

JarJarBinksTongue.jpg

If I gave that Porg Funko Pop to my daughter today, I would instantly achieve and hold on to Cool Dad status for at least a year.

• Like 1

Jar Jar is not Ewoks 2.0.  No child in their right mind would want any toy or item of clothing bearing his bizarre likeness.

The Gungans still weird out my daughter when she sees them in the movies. 

The Porgs, however, she wishes were actual creatures so she could have one as a pet.

Porgs > Ewoks > Droids >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gungans.