DVDVR Message Board

ALL ENCOMPASSING STAR WARS THREAD

RIPPA

• 1 month later...

LOL they could not have bungled these hires much worse.

They should just let Rian Johnson direct it, since he's the one guy who seems to have made it through his film without the production turning into an embarrassment,

• Like 1

Thank Christ. I know some liked Jurassic World, but I thought it sucked. It was such an insulting movie littered with bad performances. That the final chapter in this new trilogy would be trusted to Colin Trevorrow was mind boggling. He fucking sucks. His new movie looks like a colossal piece of shit too.

Just let Rian Johnson direct or get JJ to direct it. 

Good. The Force Awakens was a terrific re-entry point into Star Wars for older, lapsed fans, and an even better entry point for newer and younger fans. Just because JJ is writing and directing doesn't mean that it's going to be like TFA where it covers a bunch of familiar territory and winds up feeling way too familiar to the original trilogy. I still look at TFA as being that familiar to say that this isn't going to be like the prequels and we're going to deliver you something that feels more like Star Wars. I understand the hesitation for JJ writing and directing, but the guy knows what he's doing. I'm fine with this.

• Like 1

I'm personally looking forward to Kylo, after losing a duel to Rey, face-turning by tossing Snoke down the power shaft of Starkiller Base II.

And Poe destroying said base by this time flying into the Planet's core.

JJ can go fuck JJ, my enthuisiam for Episode IX just fell through the floor.

• Like 2

Okay I'm a bit confused.  I didn't realize that TFA being familiar was a bad thing.

I thought the whole point of TFA being familiar was to re-associate greatness with the mythology and get the really awful taste from stuff like shitty midi-cholrian counts and FROM MY POINT OF VIEW, THE JEDI ARE EVIL~!  and NOOOOOOOO~!!!! out of your mouth?

Especially NOOOOOOOOO~!!!

Aside from rescuing Luke in RoTJ, the most un-Vader like thing that Vader does in the franchise is openly mourn Padme.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It is amazing that after all these years, I am still not good with Vader's redemption in RoTJ.

Fucking Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 had the ending that RoTJ should've had.

Luke should've been "You may be my father, but Yoda is my dad, mother fucker," and went 100% Zatoichi all over Vader and the Emperor.

9 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Okay I'm a bit confused.  I didn't realize that TFA being familiar was a bad thing.

I thought the whole point of TFA being familiar was to re-associate greatness with the mythology and get really awful taste from stuff like shitty midi-cholrian counts and FROM MY POINT OF VIEW, THE JEDI ARE EVIL~!  and NOOOOOOOO~!!!! out of your mouth?

Especially NOOOOOOOOO~!!!

Aside from rescuing Luke in RoTJ, the most un-Vader like thing that Vader does in the franchise is openly mourn Padme.

Familiar is one thing.  Being a beat for beat remake fueled by shoehorned nostalgia and writing around big moments is another.  It's lazy and  JJ trademark.  TFA is driven 100% by The Millennium Falcon and  Han Solo.  Remove those and it's  AotC with better dialogue and a better bromance.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

Familiar is one thing.  Being a beat for beat remake fueled by shoehorned nostalgia and writing around big moments is another.  It's lazy and  JJ trademark.  TFA is driven 100% by The Millennium Falcon and  Han Solo.  Remove those and it's AotC with better dialogue and a better bromance.

Well, you can't remove them because they're already there and we'll see what happens when they aren't there in The Last Jedi, right?

Sure, there were some infuriating commonalities like the bad guys having a thing for doomsday weapons designed by the worst engineers in the galaxy, but TFA was a Welcome Back thing so I expected that.

The only thing that really gives me pause for the future is the issue of Kylo Ren.  We don't need another Vader redemption story.  He and Rey need to have a duel and she needs to lop his fucking head off.  if he and Rey hug it out in the last movie, I'm going to set my movie seat on fire.

3 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

Familiar is one thing.  Being a beat for beat remake fueled by shoehorned nostalgia and writing around big moments is another.  It's lazy and  JJ trademark.  TFA is driven 100% by The Millennium Falcon and  Han Solo.  Remove those and it's  AotC with better dialogue and a better bromance.

Plus, Harrison Ford's issues aside, killing off Han Solo is close to unforgivable, for me at least. If you put a gun to my head and made me chose between TFA and ROTS, I'm probably picking Sith, but that's just me. . .