DVDVR Message Board

ALL ENCOMPASSING STAR WARS THREAD

RIPPA

Dug episode S3 E2 of Mando.

Spoiler

Was interesting hearing Bo-Katan and Din go over the history of Mandalore at times. I like how Din speaks of it with reverence while Bo-Katan mostly with disappointment and sadness. They did well with Grogu and his interactions with Bo-Katan. Kind of loved that Bo-Katan could use the Dark saber so damn easily compared to Din. The ending with the Mythosaur in the water was neat. Anyone know who or what the hell it was they were fighting?

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

I assume it plays into the general cloning story stuff they have been talking about in the background of these shows that clearly plays into Palpatine in Rise. Probably a return to Gideon's story as well at some point.

Personally I enjoyed all of it just for the look at how the New Republic truly operates, and the emphasis on darker elite/political/bureaucratic aspect of Coruscant that has always existed but been more subtle at times.

Edited by Eivion

On 3/16/2023 at 3:07 PM, Travis Sheldon said:

About midway through the episode my wife asked me if we were still watching The Mandalorian. 

I had to think for a second to make sure it wasn't Andor.

My wife: “This is too long and I don’t care about any of it.”

The 10 year old hated it too for what it’s worth. 

I was ok with it.

• Like 1

I loved the episode. It's rare we get stories that are that down to the street level in Star Wars. I'm not the least bit surprised that the New Republic is/was that fucking stupid, but a bunch of them getting blown away by Starkiller should have been enough. I mean, dismantling and trashing both Imperial AND Republic ships? How fucking dumb. 

• Like 2

I always have a tendency to think all sci-fi would be better if writers and showrunners watched the Expanse, but Star Wars would be infinitely better if some of these people doing the movies would sit down and watch the Expanse. Break up Star Wars governments into the shitty fascist Empire/First Order, the inept New Republic, and non-aligned planets that either want a piece of the pie or want nothing to do with either galactic government.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Craig H said:

I always have a tendency to think all sci-fi would be better if writers and showrunners watched the Expanse, but Star Wars would be infinitely better if some of these people doing the movies would sit down and watch the Expanse. Break up Star Wars governments into the shitty fascist Empire/First Order, the inept New Republic, and non-aligned planets that either want a piece of the pie or want nothing to do with either galactic government.

They tried this in the MMO. And while we the players loved it, it didn't last and we're back to the duality of everything.

• Like 1

S3E5C21 - Finally, clues to an antagonist. Also... TIM MEADOWS!

Between this and his fun episode of Poker Face, Meadows might be in the middle of a mini-rebirth

Goid episode overall

James

• Like 1

I kinda like Faverau and Filoni retconing how the First Order came about because the New Repbulic was as fucking inept as the Old One and just let shit get bad because they couldn't handle their shit post war.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Raziel said:

I kinda like Faverau and Filoni retconing how the First Order came about because the New Repbulic was as fucking inept as the Old One and just let shit get bad because they couldn't handle their shit post war.

Retcon? I thought this was exactly how the First Order came about.

5 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Retcon? I thought this was exactly how the First Order came about.

Well we just all assumed, but haven't actually seen the complete incompetence on screen.

I'm also gonna guess the beskar on the shuttle are upgraded Dark Troopers. 

• Like 1