DVDVR Message Board

ALL ENCOMPASSING STAR WARS THREAD

RIPPA

16 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Quick question that I can't safely Google the answer for

Do I need to be caught up on Mandalorian to watch Boba Fett?

Is there any overlap at all (outside of both being Star Wars)

That would be best as its where the to leads first appeared in modern Star Wars. S2 is especially important as they play pretty sizable parts.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Do you reckon they're going to wait until Ewan McGregor looks old enough and then just remake the original trilogy? Because this digital redo of the Ben vs Darth fight feels way more in fitting with the rest of the series than the actual 1977 version.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Reports are that Andor has already been reduced from a planned 5 seasons to 3 seasons

Now the first season is supposed to have 12 episodes which is longer any other Star Wars project so far so it is possible if they keep that length - it will still end up as the same number of total episodes

Can somebody answer a dumb Star Wars question?  I never watched any of the intermediary cartoon series or read any canon novels, just the live action films and shows.

What happened to all the clones after episode 3?  I'm guessing they became stormtroopers and slowly died off in battle or via natural causes while their ranks were gradually replaced by volunteers and conscripts, but I'm curious if this was addressed.  Thanks!

Edited by Technico Support

4 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Can somebody answer a dumb Star Wars question?  I never watched any of the intermediary cartoon series or read any canon novels, just the live action films and shows.

What happened to all the clones after episode 3?  I'm guessing they became stormtroopers and slowly died off in battle or via natural causes while their ranks were gradually replaced by volunteers and conscripts, but I'm curious if this was addressed.  Thanks!

Post Clone Wars a few of them showed up in SW Rebels.  Rex and a couple of others had aged quite a bit by then.  So I’m guessing it suggests that the clones have a shorter life span maybe?  It’s hard to say since it has apparently been retconned that Rex was the bearded rebel soldier outside the bunker on Endor during ROTJ.

Additionally, The Bad Batch had the Empires transfer of clones to conscripts as a big chunk of the storyline.  

Edited by Brandon Bones
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Technico Support said:

It's addressed first in the Clone Wars cartoon, where it's explained how their lifespans are much shorter than a usual human. Like, by the end of the series you're already seeing old clones. I don't remember if there was a canon length, but it's definitely less than 50 years, probably closer to the 35 - 40 range. In Rebels, we meet Wolffe, Rex, and someone who's name I'm forgetting again and they are definitely outliers.

• Thanks 1