DVDVR Message Board

ALL ENCOMPASSING STAR WARS THREAD

RIPPA

I thought this week was the finale so I'm a little bummed out as I've not really been enjoying this show much. I just find it a bit dull. I'll see this season out but I'm not committed to seaon two.

I think it's fine the show's continuing. I'm just less interested in seeing intervening years between Sith and A New Hope as I feel these years have been pretty well mined and covered already. But as a show that's there to cater to fans of Clone Wars and that era, it's fine to have continued animated Star Wars content.

I just kind of feel like there was a lot of build-up for what the Kaminoans were up to with no great payoff. I'm still not understanding the importance of Omega, unless there's some greater reveal on the horizon.

That really was a nothing of a finale.  I was a fan of the Clone Wars and Rebels but after what, 200 episodes (?) of those, I was hoping for something more, something fresh, I guess.  I liked Obi Wan and his relationship with the Clones and I liked seeing some of the other Jedis getting fleshed out, not to mention better characterisation of the villians.  And that continued in Rebels.  Bad Batch had none of that.  But hey, at least we know where Jabba got his pet from.

• Haha 1

Thought the finale was fine for what did character wise with Crosshair though I'm not sure why it had to be a 2-parter. Still feels weird to not have revealed why Omega was so important to the Kaminoans. With all but their scientists likely dead I'm rather curious if it will even matter later on. Can't help but feel this is one of those things they are treating too much as a big important mystery that will probably land poorly whenever it is finally revealed.

4 hours ago, Eivion said:

Thought the finale was fine for what did character wise with Crosshair though I'm not sure why it had to be a 2-parter. Still feels weird to not have revealed why Omega was so important to the Kaminoans. With all but their scientists likely dead I'm rather curious if it will even matter later on. Can't help but feel this is one of those things they are treating too much as a big important mystery that will probably land poorly whenever it is finally revealed.

I too thought it was fine. I liked last week’s ep better than this one though. 

I thought the big reveal for Omega was that she was basically a backup copy of Jango Fett’s DNA in the same way Boba was. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JonnyLaw said:

I thought the big reveal for Omega was that she was basically a backup copy of Jango Fett’s DNA in the same way Boba was. 

I hope that isn't the case. It wouldn't make much sense for the Kaminoans to care so much with the Empire not wanting to use the current clones anymore.

• Like 2

I have a feeling that once the deal was done for a second season.  It probably changed what was given in this finale.

So there’s going to be a longer arc.  

Honestly, for anyone who has watched these animated series.  It can kind of feel like we’re back where we started.  Kind of a tepid start where it’s unclear where things are going even if there are a boatload of unanswered questions.  Who knew that Asoka was going to pay off as well as it did back in S1?

But in both cases of the prior shows it EVENTUALLY got to where it was going.  So I’m not too disappointed that the season finale wasn’t a blow away show.  A couple more seasons in and it’ll be the hotness.  We are in good hands.  

So maybe my Wild Bunch prediction will still pay off.  ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brandon Bones said:

I have a feeling that once the deal was done for a second season.  It probably changed what was given in this finale.

So there’s going to be a longer arc.  

Honestly, for anyone who has watched these animated series.  It can kind of feel like we’re back where we started.  Kind of a tepid start where it’s unclear where things are going even if there are a boatload of unanswered questions.  Who knew that Asoka was going to pay off as well as it did back in S1?

But in both cases of the prior shows it EVENTUALLY got to where it was going.  So I’m not too disappointed that the season finale wasn’t a blow away show.  A couple more seasons in and it’ll be the hotness.  We are in good hands.  

So maybe my Wild Bunch prediction will still pay off.  ?

This is more or less how I feel. I didn't think Clone Wars or Rebels started off with a strong first season.

• Like 2

On 8/15/2021 at 5:58 PM, JonnyLaw said:

I too thought it was fine. I liked last week’s ep better than this one though. 

OK but what does that do for the Kaminoans? The Empire wasn't even interested in using clones anymore and wanted to break their existing contracts? 

Secondly, why do they need a first-gen clone's genetic material so badly? I mean it's cloning. Just get a new subject to clone. Did they do some experiments on on Omega's DNA that makes them more powerful?

Thirdly, Jango Fett was a f'n pushover. Hardly the most dangerous man in the galaxy. If they need a dangerous scoundrel to clone, or another Mandalorian, they aren't exactly in short supply in the Galaxy.

On 8/19/2021 at 12:34 AM, TheVileOne said:

OK but what does that do for the Kaminoans? The Empire wasn't even interested in using clones anymore and wanted to break their existing contracts? 

Secondly, why do they need a first-gen clone's genetic material so badly? I mean it's cloning. Just get a new subject to clone. Did they do some experiments on on Omega's DNA that makes them more powerful?

Thirdly, Jango Fett was a f'n pushover. Hardly the most dangerous man in the galaxy. If they need a dangerous scoundrel to clone, or another Mandalorian, they aren't exactly in short supply in the Galaxy.

Besides, if she's a she, then she's not at all an unaltered clone. They did something to turn that Y chromosome into another X.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2021 at 12:16 AM, The Natural said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47dd9471htyin0vmbc7e

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47t7dylzmh4yeaefarcd

My #1 Star Wars moment. Darth Vader slaughtering the Rebels in Rogue One. So well done.

The Rescue is my new SW #! moment.

I'm sure it's no accident that Luke has a scene in Mandalorian 16 that mirrors Vader's march in Rogue One.  Vader's attack brings terror while Luke brings hope as he cuts through his enemies.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Per Deadline - Rogue Squadron is delayed

This is due to scheduling conflicts with Patty Jenkins (due to Jenkins needing to work on Wonder Woman 3 and Cleopatra)

Pre-production was supposed to start prior to the end of the year

Deadline says that "Jenkins is still committed to directing Rogue Squadron, and will remain attached to the project."

• 4 weeks later...

Per Variety - Amandla Stenberg (The Hate U Give) is in talks to star in The Acolyte

The Acolyte is described as a mystery-thriller that will take viewers into a galaxy of shadowy secrets and emerging dark-side powers that will be set within the final days of the High Republic era. Further details about its characters haven’t been revealed yet, but the project title is referred to as a Sith in the beginning stages of their training under an experienced Sith Lord.

The series will be on Disney+

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question that I can't safely Google the answer for

Do I need to be caught up on Mandalorian to watch Boba Fett?

Is there any overlap at all (outside of both being Star Wars)