DVDVR Message Board

ALL ENCOMPASSING STAR WARS THREAD

RIPPA

9 hours ago, TheVileOne said:
  Hide contents

So what happened to Cut's inhibitor chip?

That’s what I wondered too.

Spoiler

He said they saw Rex who was ranting about them, so it would be possible Rex helped him get his out depending on who was with him/what tech they had, but then again, that seems like something that would have been mentioned.

I guess it would also be possible he never heard the order from Palpatine to execute Order 66, so maybe his chip was just never triggered?

• Like 2

I found my copy of Phantom Menace on DVD and decided to watch the film for the first time in 20 years. 

This viewing was done without prejudice, as I have renounced the old ways. 

And it turns out, I rather liked it quite a bit. 

Comic Relief Gungan is still very cringe to me whenever they appear and speak. 

I'm not sure I can truthfully say that it has reignited my love for the saga, as that never really went away, but my interest certainly is there to revisit and reexamine. 

So far I've picked up IV & IX on 4k and plan to piece together the rest as I run across them. (Yes, I know I could get the Big set, but a wise man once said "You know the chase is better than the catch")

Edited by Travis Sheldon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Av4r.gif

EDIT: Whatever, apparently I can't embed anything anymore.

EDIT EDIT: Thanks Dolfan, although I don't know what I suddenly started doing wrong.

Edited by Raziel
Paste as plain text. Thank you drive through.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

OH?!? YOU FUCKING THINK?!? Ya, I don't know, having a plan for the most eagerly await series of movies ever seems like a no brainer, but what the fuck do I know.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Not going to lie, but Friday's Bad Batch was pretty damn dumb. Star Wars likes to fall into these little traps sometimes of trying to answer questions that no one ever cared to ask. This was one of those times. Not everything needs a backstory.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2021 at 3:06 AM, RandomAct said:

Not going to lie, but Friday's Bad Batch was pretty damn dumb. Star Wars likes to fall into these little traps sometimes of trying to answer questions that no one ever cared to ask. This was one of those times. Not everything needs a backstory.

You mean the fact that Luke Skywalker murdered cute and cuddly Moochie? 

Also, are they setting up some kind of terminal illness for Wrecker, or is it something with his inhibitor chip?

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JonnyLaw said:

Anyone else feel like the last two episodes have gotten a lot better? I was surprised how invested I felt in this week’s ending.

The show's been average and watchable for me. Not great, but OK. The weak links to the show for me are Omega and Wrecker. Wrecker as a character is always jus stating the painfully obvious. Omega has simply become the kid sidekick tagalong.

I think the last episode was good, but if they are on a planet under heavy security by the Scrap Guild who are not their friends, they shouldn't be walking in the open so much. They arrive and Rex is like, "Lay low. We don't want to be seen by them." And then they are clearly walking out in the open and getting instantly spotted. This is some Alien Covenent stepping onto an unidentified planet and immediately getting infected by a pathogen type nonsense. No guys, don't step outside for air because the Scrap Guild is monitoring this whole area and you don't want to get caught. I thought they were supposed to be elite soldiers.

I think seeing the galaxy right after the fall of the Republic is neat. Though I'm still not clear on how with a chain code you can track someone's signal based on biometric data alone. But at least we have an explanation for chain codes now.

That said, not everything needs a backstory or explanation. Not sure we needed to see Bib Fortuna again and the baby rancor from Jabba's Palace. It's kind of like Dr. Evazan and Ponda Baba being on Jeddha right before it gets annihilated. 

I think the show should focus on showcasing new characters and adventures, like Cid. 

• Like 2