DVDVR Message Board

ALL ENCOMPASSING STAR WARS THREAD

RIPPA

I don't really have anything unique to say but good fucking riddance.  She honestly brought nothing of value to the role and I'm sure If they were to ever recast her there's somebody much more talented.  And also hopefully one that is not a giant shithead like she is.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I don't really have anything unique to say but good fucking riddance.  She honestly brought nothing of value to the role and I'm sure If they were to ever recast her there's somebody much more talented.  And also hopefully one that is not a giant shithead like she is.

Spoiler

sonyareturn.jpg

?

• Like 5

On 2/10/2021 at 10:54 PM, Raziel said:

Imagine pissing away Brinks trucks of sweet Disney money with merch just because you can't stop being a piece of shit on Twitter.

LOL, totally this. Worst thing is she already got away with it once, after the “beep boop” pronoun tweet not that long ago. You’d think she’d lay low after that, quit while she was ahead and let the gravy train roll on.

But no—she went all in on the Jews, of all people! Can’t imagine a faster way to get blackballed from Hollywood.

• Like 1

I actually liked Carano in her role but have no sympathies for her being a moron of that magnitude. Should have known something was up when Disney didn't announce her for that Rangers show. It was odd since they were clearly building her character up for it. 

On 2/10/2021 at 8:51 PM, HumanChessgame said:

I'm on season 4 of Clone Wars. There's been a lot of filler and the more politics-centric episodes tend to be really boring. Several of the story arcs and plotlines got kind of repetitive or could have been wrapped up a lot quicker than they were. Hearing that the later seasons are better is definitely good to hear. Does the entire series take place between episodes 2 and 3? My main takeaway is that a whole hell of a lot of stuff happened in that time period if that's the case. Like some others mentioned this Anakin seems really far removed from eventual Darth Vader Anakin. I guess R2/C3PO and Vader never had any interaction but it just seems like they'd have some memory of him? The Empire (or separatists or whatever they're called here) also come off as borderline incompetent or at least Cobra-level in that they always end up losing all the key battles.

Yes. Keep in mind the war lasted 3-4 years and involved most of the known galaxy. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Eivion said:

I actually liked Carano in her role but have no sympathies for her being a moron of that magnitude. Should have known something was up when Disney didn't announce her for that Rangers show. It was odd since they were clearly building her character up for it. 

Yep, you have to think she knew why she went from having one whole episode of Mandalorian devoted to a back door pilot of a spin-off for her character to the show getting announced without her being mentioned.  Instead of having enough self-awareness to reflect on why that was (or at a minimum, stop tweeting), she basically doubled down.

• Like 1

(Stolen from elsewhere)

If you're racist and you're fired, it's your fault

clap clap

clap clap

If you're hollerin' "white power" and you're jobless in an hour

Good riddance, Gina.  Have fun making movies for Antonio Sabato Jr.'s right-wing persecution complex studio.   I'm sure you'll do well with difficult actors like James Woods and one-note joke performers like Tim Allen who can't get work because obviously there's a bias against right-wingers and totally not against assholes and schticky gimmick actors.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 5
  • Haha 5

I just finished the first season of Rebels, and I think I like it better than Clone Wars, even if I thought Clone Wars was more interesting, if that makes sense.

I’m early into season 2, and I’m curious to see how Darth Vader is used without completely wiping the floor with the crew.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

I just finished the first season of Rebels, and I think I like it better than Clone Wars, even if I thought Clone Wars was more interesting, if that makes sense.

I’m early into season 2, and I’m curious to see how Darth Vader is used without completely wiping the floor with the crew.

I think you'll really like the Vader stuff they do. It really hit hard for me.

• Like 3

On 2/27/2021 at 7:15 PM, Matt D said:

8 year old wants nothing to do with this sausage fest. If there's an Ahsoka episode (or a Bo Katan one or a Ventress one or a Barriss one), we'll watch it.

Fennec Shand is going to be in it.

Spoiler

hgtpah68ogk61.jpg?width=429&auto=webp&s=

Edited by TheVileOne

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2021 at 2:47 AM, TheVileOne said:

Gina Carano committing career suicide like this was astounding. I don't remember her expressing anything remotely political before the pandemic. I mean she might have, but I dunno. But she managed to cross over and have a fairly successful film & TV career. And she threw it all away, for nothing. Disney was more than lenient with her.

Gina has been spewing that garbage for quite some time along with Kevin Sorbo.

It is amusing to see Cruz defend Gina's Constitutional right to say vile things without supporting Disney's right to hire and fire people as they see fit to in accordance with their company policy.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 4