DVDVR Message Board

ALL ENCOMPASSING STAR WARS THREAD

RIPPA

On 2/9/2021 at 8:30 PM, Hayabusa said:

Came to enjoy most of the arcs and learned to at minimum admire some of the aspects I dreaded like the droids and political arcs.

If not for the Clones, I think the Battle Droids were the low-key MVPs of the series.  Consistently supplied laughs, and even some "awe ?" moments when they get cut down unexpectedly & let out a plaintive "why?"

Lucasfilm has cut ties with Gina Carano.

“Gina Carano is not currently employed by Lucasfilm and there are no plans for her to be in the future. Nevertheless, her social media posts denigrating people based on their cultural and religious identities are abhorrent and unacceptable.”

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I'm on season 4 of Clone Wars. There's been a lot of filler and the more politics-centric episodes tend to be really boring. Several of the story arcs and plotlines got kind of repetitive or could have been wrapped up a lot quicker than they were. Hearing that the later seasons are better is definitely good to hear. Does the entire series take place between episodes 2 and 3? My main takeaway is that a whole hell of a lot of stuff happened in that time period if that's the case. Like some others mentioned this Anakin seems really far removed from eventual Darth Vader Anakin. I guess R2/C3PO and Vader never had any interaction but it just seems like they'd have some memory of him? The Empire (or separatists or whatever they're called here) also come off as borderline incompetent or at least Cobra-level in that they always end up losing all the key battles.

Gina crossed a line and is a piece of shit. It took awhile, but I'm glad Lucasfilm cut bait with her.

And I have so little tolerance for pieces of shit like her and so the next however many days with whatever extremists crying "CANCEL CULTURE" can go fuck themselves too.

• Like 6

...And now Cancel Disney Plus is trending. It seems the MAGAts are really angry about Cancel Culture cancelling Carano, so they're all going to get together and Cancel something, as a stand against Cancel Culture.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, AxB said:

...And now Cancel Disney Plus is trending. It seems the MAGAts are really angry about Cancel Culture cancelling Carano, so they're all going to get together and Cancel something, as a stand against Cancel Culture.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury.

They'll do fookin' nuttin'.

Gina Carano committing career suicide like this was astounding. I don't remember her expressing anything remotely political before the pandemic. I mean she might have, but I dunno. But she managed to cross over and have a fairly successful film & TV career. And she threw it all away, for nothing. Disney was more than lenient with her.

I don't remember anyone committing career suicide this badly out of sheer stupidity in recent memory.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

They'll do fookin' nuttin'.

Gina Carano committing career suicide like this was astounding. I don't remember her expressing anything remotely political before the pandemic. I mean she might have, but I dunno. But she managed to cross over and have a fairly successful film & TV career. And she threw it all away, for nothing. Disney was more than lenient with her.

I don't remember anyone committing career suicide this badly out of sheer stupidity in recent memory.

I was trying to come up with names and Gina Carano stands out. Fucking stupid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Natural said:

There's no way I would want Gina Carino for anything with her abhorrent opinions. I think she's done for both film and TV, @TheVileOne. There's some things you can't come back from, no second chances or leniency.

Mel Gibson came back after getting put in movie jail after his drunken raving anti-semitic rant, and his rant against his girlfriend and baby-momma. Not excusing it, but after a while Hollywood did start letting him make movies again.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 1

Just now, TheVileOne said:

Mel Gibson came back after getting put in movie jail after his drunken raving anti-semitic rant, and his rant against his girlfriend and baby-momma. Not excusing it, but after a while Hollywood did start letting him make movies again.

That's the name that came to mind. Gibson was helped by name value and what he's won, two Academy Awards. I just can't see Gina's way back, no pun intended.

• Like 1

There are reports - not sure of the validity- that Disney had planned on giving her her own spin-off show that would have been announced in this past Dec showcase but her previous tweets scuttled those plans

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

There are reports - not sure of the validity- that Disney had planned on giving her her own spin-off show that would have been announced in this past Dec showcase but her previous tweets scuttled those plans

And all she had to do was not tweet. 

(Well, she could’ve not been a garbage person, too, but just not sharing it with everyone would’ve meant she still had the gig.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Here it is:

In a galaxy far far away...

Et619E_XUAAzpXE?format=jpg&name=large

• Haha 10

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

That's the name that came to mind. Gibson was helped by name value and what he's won, two Academy Awards. I just can't see Gina's way back, no pun intended.

I think it's less name value and more him knowing the right people in power who have a "you don't know the real Mel" attitude. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1