DVDVR Message Board

ALL ENCOMPASSING STAR WARS THREAD

RIPPA

1 minute ago, Raziel said:

PATTY FUCKING JENKINS ROGUE SQUADRON MOVIE INJECT THAT STRAIGHT INTO MY VEINS!!!!!!

I loved how they did that. I thought they had moved on from Star Wars to something else. I was thinking of Yeager just dying and everything.

Wow, I'm surprised that much is coming. Really excited for Bad Batch and Ahsoka. Its nice to see them officially confirm Taika Waititi is getting something, but its been in the rumors mill for at least year now so its just a pinch disappointing they didn't hint at what he is doing. Curious about Rangers though not super excited.

On 12/5/2020 at 3:45 PM, Travis Sheldon said:

This has been my thought after reading all the disparaging comments. 

But, Lone Wolf & Cub wasn't made by Disney. 

Then don't say "It should be Lone Wolf & Cub" without actually knowing how the source actually plays out

James

The only Star Wars announcement I’m VERY iffy on is Hayden Christensen in the Kenobi show.  On one hand, I’m glad he’s getting another crack at the character after being shit on for so long, but I don’t see any logical way you can bring Kenobi and Vader back into each other’s orbit pre-ANH, especially not without diminishing the events of ANH.

• Like 2

My guess is that it's just Vader on the hunt for Kenobi or maybe Vader being in the series will be a little like the Star Wars and Darth Vader comic books. The stuff from early on in the Marvel run.

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Rogue Squadron will release on Dec 22, 2023 per the massive info dump they did on their new release calendar

As exciting as Rogue Squadron sounds, I have been disappointed with every space battle in Star Wars after Endor.  That battle still gives me chills and makes me care about every rebel that dies no matter how little screen time they have.  Nothing has been able to match the emotion of Admiral Piett yelling "Intensify forward fire power!" right before a screaming pilot in an A-wing crashes through the command deck.  

Go old school with the filming of the battles or give me some Dunkirk-style dogfights.  Hell, do both.  And make Wedge the hero he should be.

54 minutes ago, RandomAct said:

I can't be the only one who was hoping that Hondo would be in that crew of pirates.

I don't think that was the planet he settled down on in Rebels. He was also pretty old by then, and Mandalorian is probably a good 6-8 years from then. He could be dead by now via age.

• Like 1

Wow, finally a well acted, and well scripted episode of Mando. The child has fun moments, but I’m happy his bits didn’t drag down this episode. I guess the show would improve a lot if they took him out of the equation for a while. So yeah, this was the best episode of the series. Rick Famuyiwa better get more work after this.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Yeah, I enjoyed this episode.  The bit with the truck and Mando fighting without his armor was probably the best action set piece they’ve done this season.  Felt like a Spielberg scene.

The one thing I didn’t really care for was Mando taking his helmet off.  Moreso how they executed it, because I get what the were trying to go for.  It just lacked the showmanship necessary for it to really resonate.  It was weirdly tossed off, probably because this was a major character moment for the lead in an episode that was primarily interested in shoehorning in a redemptive arc for Bill Burr’s character so he can be a hero on the Rangers show.