DVDVR Message Board

ALL ENCOMPASSING STAR WARS THREAD

RIPPA

Thought this week's show was a hoot and a half.  I've always been in the "Boba Fett is overrated" camp, and I'm glad to see him finally do something cool. I don't think we will find out if a Jedi responds to Grogu until next season, unless that is how they leave off this season.  As cool as it would be to see Luke, I'm hoping we get Ezra or someone else off the beaten path.

I do think they have to split Mando and The Child soonish though.  There are only so many stories they can tell with those two currently, but idk if Disney is ready to give up all that sweet merch money yet.

• Like 3

That episode flew by like it was five minutes long, and was a shit ton of action that was unusually graphic for Star Wars - that shot of the Trooper lookirall mangled! - so of course it was directed by Robert Rodriguez. Terminator Boba was cool to see after never really undertanding the hype besides "he looks cool." 

Yeah, I enjoyed The Tragedy.  Of course, I was delighted to see them get to straight to business on Tython and keep pushing the main storyline ahead. A lot of stuff that MATTERS happened.  It was basically a 30-minute action set piece, and Robert Rodriguez clearly got to have a lot of fun shooting different action bits.

I’m intrigued to see which Jedi answers Grogu’s call in the finale.  The way they’re teasing it out, I feel like it has to be a known entity, whether its another character from the Filoni shows or somebody even bigger.  Grogu meeting Force Ghost Yoda seems like something that has to happen at some point, but that may not be a season 2 kind of thing.

As much as I enjoyed the episode, I do think there’s a lot of about Boba’s story that doesn’t add up right now.  For one thing, the guy cares enough about getting his armor back that he tracked Mando across the galaxy...but he also apparently knew Cobb Vanth  had it, they were on the same planet for years, and he didn’t just go take it from HIM?  And why would he care enough about Fennec to go through what seems like QUITE a lot of trouble to keep her alive?  Hopefully stuff like that gets back filled soon, because there are way too many gaps in the sequence of events that would’ve led those characters to Tython.

• Like 1

I, for one, hope they never get bogged down in story at all. This shit should be Lone Wolf and Cub in space. You should be able to pop on any random episode without any prior knowledge and enjoy a fun space romp.

Edited by Control
  • Like 2

Boba Fetts backstory sounds like comic book material.  That so many comics now are being pushed as canon.  I wouldn’t be surprised that is where it gets regulated.

Edit: Ellie, Clementine, and Yoda Baby Grogu are basically my kids at this point.  Darth Gus has heat with me, brother.

Edited by Brandon Bones
High as shit

5 hours ago, Control said:

I, for one, hope they never get bogged down in story at all. This shit should be Lone Wolf and Cub in space. You should be able to pop on any random episode without any prior knowledge and enjoy a fun space romp.

This has been my thought after reading all the disparaging comments. 

4 hours ago, J.H. said:

But Lone Wolf & Cub DOES have an over arching story that DOES get resolved!

James

But, Lone Wolf & Cub wasn't made by Disney. 

A little clunky how Boba Fett and Fennec arrive at the same time as Gideon and his fleet but other than that this was an awesome 35 minutes of television.  The fan service is cool but I feel like they are really progressing this story along nicely these last two eps and there's still two to go..  no more side quests this season we are on the road to a satisfying conclusion. 

• Like 1

On 12/5/2020 at 10:58 AM, J.H. said:

But Lone Wolf & Cub DOES have an over arching story that DOES get resolved!

Spoiler

But Ogami Itto is not the one that resolves the story.  He dies.

I think that most people would prefer that Din Djarin be the one settling earthly accounts when Disney finally pulls the plug on this show.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

So we didn't have time to watch both episode 4 (the Siege) and episode 5 (the Ahsoka one) last night but I did say the 8 year old could watch up until the Mandalorian title bit. Because then I knew she'd get the first Ahsoka action piece. When Bo Kanan showed up in The Heiress ("Oh! It's her.")and she mentioned Ahsoka there was a moment of "So that's what they're going to do with Ahsoka next." She got excited when she saw the two lightsabers go but isn't sure about her "voice" so far. We'll do the rest of the episode later.

She still struggles a little bit with the timeline. She's not 100% sure why Rey isn't around yet as the Jedi to reach out to, for instance (and she hasn't brought up Luke as a possibility), or why remnants of the Empire still is. I think she mostly has it though.

• Like 4

Pity Kanan is very dead.

I saw a list from cbr yesterday of potential known names. Apparently there are only around 5-6 maybe alive Jedi at this point. Honestly I kind of wonder if they may just go for a Sith or someone more in line with the dark side.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Raziel said:

There aren't really any Sith alive at this point either. 

I mean I know its hated, but Rise of the Skywalker is still cannon unless Disney decides the last trilogy is just too hated to keep.

31 minutes ago, Raziel said:

5-6 Jedi?   Luke, Leia, Ahsoka, maybe Ezra... kid from Fallen Order? (I dunno if that's even canon), 

Yeah the kid from Fallen Order and another character from the game who is apparently a former Jedi. Those were the names I have seen listed. Honestly, if someone answers the call I kind of hope its someone who isn't Jedi. Would be nice to see what others orders in the Force exist aside from Jedi & Sith. The only other that is cannon are the Nightsisters who are dead already outside of the one who is also in that Fallen Order game.

9 minutes ago, elizium said:

I completely forgot about that. Oh well, I'll take any old Jedi instead I guess

Honestly, its kind of disappointing when you consider they clearly based his design off of Freddie to some degree for that potential live action appearance like they did with Bo-Katan for Sackhoff.

Just now, Eivion said:

I mean I know its hated, but Rise of the Skywalker is still cannon unless Disney decides the last trilogy is just too hated to keep.

Even then, it's only Lich Sideous and his cult (which were never really established as either Sith or Force Sensitive, just followers of Sideous).

• Like 1

Here's the thread for everything: 

So we have series for Ahsoka, Rangers, Cassian Andor, anime based on Star Wars, another new animated series, and Hayden Christianson is returning as Vader for the Obi Wan series.