DVDVR Message Board

ALL ENCOMPASSING STAR WARS THREAD

RIPPA

11 hours ago, elizium said:

My Disney+ membership runs out soon, is it worth it to try and power through Resistance? I watched the first 3 episodes and it is doing nothing for me

I don’t know if this is any indication, but my three-year-old will devour any SW content you put in front of him. I was trying to find something for him to watch and when I suggested Resistance (he had watched a few episodes), he said, “No. I don’t like that one.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, elizium said:

My Disney+ membership runs out soon, is it worth it to try and power through Resistance? I watched the first 3 episodes and it is doing nothing for me

I have no idea if we're going to go through it either. I'm honestly ready to move the 8 year old onto Mandalorian once we finish ROTJ again.

• Like 1

Episode four was a nice little episode that teased a new threat from the main villain of the show. The Baby Yoda bits all hit, with no questionable stinkers. But like last week the “action scenes” featuring corridor shooting looked awful. They need to stop writing those on to the show. It shows how limited they are with physical sets. Also I just hate gun play where both parties are hiding behind stuff. That always looks rough on TV shows.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Episode 4 was fun. Its nice seeing the plot move forward, and I always enjoy Carl Weathers on the screen. Hope he directs another episode.

On 11/18/2020 at 12:28 AM, elizium said:

Resistance is OK but doesn't come close to the same level of Clone Wars or Rebels at their heights. It also doesn't really play much into the last trilogy with any of its characters. Its much lighter in tone and humor despite some occasional serious moments. You can skip it.

On 11/18/2020 at 12:14 PM, Matt D said:

I have no idea if we're going to go through it either. I'm honestly ready to move the 8 year old onto Mandalorian once we finish ROTJ again.

See above. Besides the Mandolorian comes before Resistance anyways. Mandolorian is just five years after ROTJ.  Resistance takes place right before TFA to a little after TLJ. 

Not sure I'm crazy about them using the Star Wars property that everyone loves to make sense of the Star Wars properties that people love a lot less. Otherwise, episode 4 was a big hit for me. Carl Weathers LOVES Baby Yoda lol as in, the actor and director of this episode, not his character.

On 11/22/2020 at 9:57 AM, For Great Justice said:

The Lego Star Wars Holiday Special was gratuitous fan service but also really cute. My four year old loved it and demanded an immediate replay. Solid use of 40 minutes.

The last scene/moment was the funniest part. What it really did was speak to what i was saying about Bo Katan taking her mask off. The 8-year old was wondering where Ahsoka or the Rebels crew were. She definitely didn't remember the new Ep IX characters, even though we saw that in the theater. Past one tiny cameo of the hot new thing (also live action), it was all movies characters, because live action is going trump everything always.

On 11/17/2020 at 10:28 PM, elizium said:

Nothing against fans of Resistance, but I just couldn't bring myself to finish it. 

I would say to give Quack Pack or Bonkers a try instead.

Oddly enough, I don't *hate* the idea of Snoke being a half baked attempt at cloning Palpatine. I just wish they'd left it at that, and not brought in actual (not)Palpatine. If they had told me that Rey's dad was killed whilst trying to make a Palpatine clone, and ended up with Snoke, I could have lived with that.

• Like 1

And now we have finally seen

Spoiler

Ahsoka. Dawson did aright in the role, but I'm so used to Eckstein's voice that its a bit jarring watching Ahsoka in the live action format. With her still looking for Thrawn it feels safe to assume what the rumored Ahsoka series will be about if it ends up happening. Wonder who eventually gets cast as Sabine. Honestly though if the series does happen I'm kind of hoping its ends up animated. As for the episode itself it was another solid one. It was nice finally learning the kid's name and a bit of his history. I've also been liking how closer Din & Grogue get as the season rolls on. It was neat seeing Michael Bienh, and I enjoyed the quickdraw segment with Din.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

And now we have finally seen

Reveal hidden contents

Ahsoka. Dawson did aright in the role, but I'm so used to Eckstein's voice that its a bit jarring watching Ahsoka in the live action format. With her still looking for Thrawn it feels safe to assume what the rumored Ahsoka series will be about if it ends up happening. Wonder who eventually gets cast as Sabine. Honestly though if the series does happen I'm kind of hoping its ends up animated. As for the episode itself it was another solid one. It was nice finally learning the kid's name and a bit of his history. I've also been liking how closer Din & Grogue get as the season rolls on. It was neat seeing Michael Bein and I enjoyed the quickdraw segment with Din.

Spoiler

Probably my #1 Star Wars moment/scene...

EnxX6SwW4AcciLY?format=jpg&name=large

Such a flawless sequence, Darth Vader killing the Rebels and the ways he does in Rogue One. The ship's corridor is blacked out, you then hear Vader's breathing then the lightsaber's turned on and the ways he effortlessly kills the Rebels.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

Pretty episode to look at. Had the style of a chanbara film with the very ancient Japanese looking village, and palace. They even muted the colors to bring it closer to the black & white look of a samurai flick. Actually I was reminded of the Sword of Doom Criterion cover.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Thanks 1

It took awhile, but I'm now fully on board with the Mandalorian. Great episode that feels like one of those huge turning points in a series where everything is going to really hit its stride. 

And yeah, please let Favreau and Filoni run Star Wars and let Kennedy go. 

• Like 1