DVDVR Message Board

ALL ENCOMPASSING STAR WARS THREAD

RIPPA

Theory is that the strict helmet rule is a Clan rule, not applying to the entire Mando culture (the Mando's in Clone Wars, Rebels, and Movies are not near as feverant as Dyn's clan.  Could also be something we get explained in S2, as someone would've pointed out the plot holes to Favreau by now if he's using CW and Rebels characters now.

• Like 2

Keep in mind there was a pretty massive culture/clan clash during Clone Wars and even Rebels. It makes sense that clans have differing rules and customs. Sabine herself was also a bit of an outlier when it came to Mandolorian culture.

I mean the biggest reason the Mando in Madonlorian likely even wears his helmet like that is because they were clearly going for a Boba Fett type of feel with him. I have my doubts about it being a plot hole considering Dave Filoni has been Favreau's partner on the series.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, AxB said:
  Reveal hidden contents

ElkpUN2WMAE7FTq?format=jpg&name=small

So much horniness on Social Media, and all thanks to this.

The second-worst part of social media (besides all of the nazis) is having to know how goddamned horny everyone apparently is all the time.

• Haha 2

On 9/21/2020 at 1:38 PM, Raziel said:

Theory is that the strict helmet rule is a Clan rule, not applying to the entire Mando culture (the Mando's in Clone Wars, Rebels, and Movies are not near as feverant as Dyn's clan.  Could also be something we get explained in S2, as someone would've pointed out the plot holes to Favreau by now if he's using CW and Rebels characters now.

Din Djarin didn't even get a clan until the season finale when the Armorer said, "You are a clan of 2." Also, the Heavy Infantry Mandalorian voiced by Jon Favreau is named Paz Vizsla. That means his clan is Clan Vizsla. This goes beyond clan rules. Some pictures you all might like:

Spoiler

oaa5gp02o6w51.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

bmr458b0o6w51.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

Aren't you a little tall to be a Mandalorian?

m0govs71o6w51.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

biinco9pt6w51.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s

WOfJp3r.jpg

qra2r4w9v6w51.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

In case you were wondering if this was R5-D4/Skippy the Jedi Droid.

Edited by TheVileOne

4 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

Okay somebody explain the dude at the end to me because I'm not up on the lore... 

Well, I'm not exactly up on the lore either, but

Spoiler

there was a bounty hunter who wore that armor, who famously "was eaten" on Tattooine... wasn't there?  

Until proven otherwise, that's what I'm going with.

• Like 3

@christopher.annino

Just going to spoil this for those that haven't watched yet, but it's the same actor who played

Spoiler

Jango Fett in the prequels, so obviously the speculation is that he is playing Boba. But it could be he is playing one of the clone soldiers, with a lot of people assuming he is Captain Rex from Clone Wars/Rebels.

When the Emperor enacted Order 66, calling for all clone soldiers to kill the Jedi, Rex ended up getting restrained and getting the controlling chip in his brain removed. He eventually joined the rebel cause in the Rebels series. If the rumours are true and Sasha Banks is playing Sabine Wren (a Mandalorian member of the Rebellion in Rebels) it would make sense if he was around too.

Edited by elizium
  • Like 2

Thanks, the both of you! I never saw the prequels, and my knowledge of the world of SW is basically episodes 4-8 and Rogue One, and I'm pretty fine with that. Still, really dig The Mandalorian since it's a space western. 

9 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Also, it's clear that Cobb Vanth, Raylan Givens, and Seth Bullock are all distant relatives, no?

100% this. I’d like to think there’s a Tattooinne Boyd Crowder and Al Swearengen out there.  I like the idea Olyphant’s agent called him and went “basically they want you to play Raylan, but in Space”

That was a great episode. 

Edited by Ultimo Necro
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Raziel said:

Well Vanth was wearing Fett's armor, but yeah, considering Morrison played all the clones and the Fetts, who knows who it really was, yet.

Feels safe to say it wasn't Rex. Rex is older and heavier in weight. He lacks the big white beard Rex was rocking in Rebels.

• Like 1

Not going to lie, but I was grinning from ear to ear any time Olyphant was on screen. Like, he was basically just Raylan Givens, but in Star Wars, but I fucking loved it. I should have asked my wife for a Cameo from Olyphant for my birthday. 

Rest of the episode was like two episodes combined from last season, but Cobb Vanth fucking rocks and Mando fighting at the beginning was cool. 

• Like 3

On 10/30/2020 at 11:23 AM, AxB said:
  Hide contents

ElkpUN2WMAE7FTq?format=jpg&name=small

So much horniness on Social Media, and all thanks to this.

I'm a straight dude and I'm comfortable in my horniness for Olyphant. Him and Brad Pitt might legit be the coolest dudes in Hollywood. 

• Like 3

Olyphant playing a combo of  Raylan & Bullock was a great choice, and he’s the most charismatic actor to ever appear on this show. Constantly doing his Raylan point at Mando when he says something that baffles him. I missed that acting tick of his.

But... Ehhhhhh... I didn’t care for the story told within the western trappings chose for this episode. Usually the conflict for something like this would be the one that Olyphant was telling Mando at the saloon, not some take on Jaws. Hopefully when they comeback to the marshall they’ll have a stronger supporting cast of characters for Olyphant’s re-occurring character.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

Post-Santa Clarita for Olyphant has been a lot of "Raylan Givens but in _________!" with a nip or a tuck here or there. He was the TV cowboy in Once Upon a Time in Hollywod. He's a US marshal in a big hat in the current season of Fargo where it seems like there's gonna be a twist to it in the next few episodes. Seems like either he found a type he could get good, consistent work out of or people are seeking him out for these roles or both. 

Not that I'm complaining. He's really good at this type. 

Edited by Andy in Kansas
  • Like 1