DVDVR Message Board

ALL ENCOMPASSING STAR WARS THREAD

RIPPA

Man were they stingy there! The first twenty seconds is just a ship going through the sky. And we get Sasha and a ring, but the biggest canon reveal is an X-Wing (not even spoiling that). Would have been a better trailer two weeks ago during Celebration time. 

I kind of like the notion that both post-Empire Mandalorians and Jedi are tribes that people are adopted into however.

Edited by Matt D

30 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I've always been both..  however,  both wrestling and Star Wars have had their hits and misses.  I find Star Wars to be a lot like wrestling where there's a lot of GREAT content but sometimes you have to search for it. 

I'm a relatively recent covert to Star Wars by my best friend who is more like my brother. I've always LOVED wrestling and Batman since I was five years old. I turned 35 in March.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Eivion said:

The trailer said so little but was neat nonetheless. Sasha seems to have a bigger role than I would have guessed.

Agreed. Sith Sasha? We've never had a female Sith Lord in the movies, right?

Edited by The Natural

Anyone watch the behind-the-scenes/making-of series they did for S1?  Some pretty interesting stuff.  The episodes (8 total) are anywhere from 19 minutes to 38 minutes, so you can knock them out pretty quickly.  I think the most interesting episode was #4 "Technology", which the gf & I found pretty mind blowing due to the fact that

Spoiler

there was no "on location" filming, everything was done on set!  With no blue/green screens!

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I thought people thought she was Wren..     Is there any truth to this Pascal rumor about him being a problem on set and walking out at one point?

Unlikely.  The primary source on that rumor is Youtuber Grace Randolph, who is profoundly full of shit.  The rumor itself doesn’t even make sense, and by all accounts, Pedro is a Dude.

Edited by EVA
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, EVA said:

Unlikely.  The primary source on that rumor is Youtuber Grace Randolph, who is profoundly full of shit.  The rumor itself doesn’t even make sense, and by all accounts, Pedro is a Dude.

I thought it sounded strange.  They are claiming he wants more scenes without the helmet and went to LucasFilms? (don't know how that makes sense) to ask for the script to be changed.  It sounds way way out there... 

Edited by Niners Fan in CT

What really sinks this dumbass rumor is when she says that the second half of the season had to be rewritten with less Mando because Pascal walked off set.  Like, even if Pascal did walk off, they wouldn’t need to write Mando out.  The character is a dude in a helmet and full armor; you can put anybody in the suit and just have Pascal dub his lines later.  Which, by the way, they did frequently IN THE FIRST SEASON.  There was an entire episode where he was not on the set for a single scene (because he was off doing a play).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Anyone watch the behind-the-scenes/making-of series they did for S1?  Some pretty interesting stuff.  The episodes (8 total) are anywhere from 19 minutes to 38 minutes, so you can knock them out pretty quickly.  I think the most interesting episode was #4 "Technology", which the gf & I found pretty mind blowing due to the fact that

Reveal hidden contents

there was no "on location" filming, everything was done on set!  With no blue/green screens!

Thank you. I’ve been harping about that for months. They’re making three more of those for other movies like Thor.

• Like 1

I could see being frustrated and having a bad day in the suit being turned into "walked off the set" pretty easily, with the way rumour telephone works. People always complain about how terrible the Batman suits are to be in, but at least with those your mouth is uncovered. That helmet is probably a nightmare to wear for long periods of time.

And there were at least 3 Mandos in the first season; Pascal, a stunt double and I believe a fight double.

Edited by elizium

7 hours ago, EVA said:

What really sinks this dumbass rumor is when she says that the second half of the season had to be rewritten with less Mando because Pascal walked off set.  Like, even if Pascal did walk off, they wouldn’t need to write Mando out.  The character is a dude in a helmet and full armor; you can put anybody in the suit and just have Pascal dub his lines later.  Which, by the way, they did frequently IN THE FIRST SEASON.  There was an entire episode where he was not on the set for a single scene (because he was off doing a play).

That was episode 4, which was directed by Bryce Dallas Howard. Howard even said she primarily worked with Brendan Wayne, who also happens to be the grandson of John Wayne, on her episode. Yeah I'm not buying it, especially if it's from Grace Randolph.

3 hours ago, elizium said:

I could see being frustrated and having a bad day in the suit being turned into "walked off the set" pretty easily, with the way rumour telephone works. People always complain about how terrible the Batman suits are to be in, but at least with those your mouth is uncovered. That helmet is probably a nightmare to wear for long periods of time.

And there were at least 3 Mandos in the first season; Pascal, a stunt double and I believe a fight double.

Yes, Brendan Wayne and Lateef Crowder were the two live in-costume suit doubles for Mando.

• Like 1