DVDVR Message Board

ALL ENCOMPASSING STAR WARS THREAD

RIPPA

24 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Man, we’re never getting another season of Atlanta. 

It's looking that way, but I do recall seeing something that they were ready to move forward with season 3 when all of the COVID shit hit.

That actually disappoints me. Glover was solid as Lando, but I just don't have much interest in an actual series focused on characters from the original trilogy. Still even saying that i know I'm goign to watch it.

3 minutes ago, Eivion said:

That actually disappoints me. Glover was solid as Lando, but I just don't have much interest in an actual series focused on characters from the original trilogy. Still even saying that i know I'm goign to watch it.

I kind of want a Lando/Ahsoka episode now.

Lando is alot like Han Solo for me, in that I'm not really interested in having the curtain pulled back on their backstory. Much of the charm of a character like that, is not knowing if they are bullshitting you, or if it's true.  Those characters need an air of mystery around them. I agree with @Eivion in that I don't want more content on the legacy characters(even though I am excited for Obi-Wan).

• Like 3

The mass of Star Wars rumors/moves from the last few months are pretty bonkers.

• Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka over multiple shows
  • Temuera Morrison as Rex
  • Timothy Olyphant as Boba Fett
  • A Lando stand-alone show
  • A Solo sequel show
  • Casting for a live action Ezra Bridger

4 hours ago, Matt D said:
  • Temuera Morrison as Rex
  • Timothy Olyphant as Boba Fett

Aren't both of these partially confirmed? I believe with Morrison its just a case of no one being sure if he is Rex, Fett, and/or a different clone entirely. I thought with Olyphant it was only know that he was cast. Never heard of a rumor of him being Fett.

5 hours ago, Eivion said:

Aren't both of these partially confirmed? I believe with Morrison its just a case of no one being sure if he is Rex, Fett, and/or a different clone entirely. I thought with Olyphant it was only know that he was cast. Never heard of a rumor of him being Fett.

I think the deal with Olyphant is that he was filmed wearing Fett's armor. Whether that means he's Fett or someone else is another question though. I think half the things on my list were partially confirmed and some of the rest popped up in the last week or two. When you get rumors of a Lando show and a Solo show in the same week you have to wonder if they're not the same thing. But that was kind of the point.

• Like 3

Live casting an Ezra, along with The Child existing, really starts making me uneasy about the (shitty) fan rumors of Disney using the Veil of the Force as a Flashpoint-esque reboot option.

9 hours ago, Raziel said:

Live casting an Ezra, along with The Child existing, really starts making me uneasy about the (shitty) fan rumors of Disney using the Veil of the Force as a Flashpoint-esque reboot option.

Most of those rumors are from ultra shitty YouTube channels with people saying their sources told them, but for all we know they're likely talking out of their asses to get subs. Like, this rumor that there's a "George Lucas cut" of Rise of Skywalker with 50 minutes of different scenes that works in the veil is especially ridiculous. These anti-TLJ nerds want to so desperately believe anything that retcons anything they didn't like to the point where just because there's a Snyder cut for Justice League there's also 3 different cuts of The Last Jedi. 

The only news or rumor or rumblingz I believe have any truth to them is replacing Kathleen Kennedy at some point soon. I think there's approximately a .0001% chance they create a Star Wars multiverse and hand wave the trilogies away by saying those events took place in a different universe.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Craig H said:

Most of those rumors are from ultra shitty YouTube channels with people saying their sources told them, but for all we know they're likely talking out of their asses to get subs.

You’re not joking. I googled Veil of the Force and got: 

“The rumor comes from the "future ruler of Earth," the Doomcock Overlord DVD YouTube channel...”

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JonnyLaw said:

“The rumor comes from the "future ruler of Earth," the Doomcock Overlord DVD YouTube channel...”

And it's websites too that have nearly the exact same naming as other websites. So the one I went to, which was me clicking on some clickbait, was a website that I THOUGHT was comicbooknews.com. In my head I thought, "this sounds reputable and I'm pretty sure I've seen some type of movie news at a website named like this before..."

Except it wasn't comicbooknews, it was cosmicbooknews.

21 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

Whenever I see that dude's name pop up, I immediately close the article.  I disliked the sequels quite a bit, but I think Disney just washing their hands of them(like they are kinda already doing) is a million times more likely than a retcon.

• Like 2

I know the Veil stuff and the "retconning" is shit fan theory, but on the other hand, it's not like Disney didn't hand wave everything that wasn't on celluloid into an alternate universe the second they got their hands on the franchise.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

I know the Veil stuff and the "retconning" is shit fan theory, but on the other hand, it's not like Disney didn't hand wave everything that wasn't on celluloid into an alternate universe the second they got their hands on the franchise.

This would be admitting failure (where they didn't really even fail) for what actual gain?

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Matt D said:

This would be admitting failure (where they didn't really even fail) for what actual gain?

True, but it's not like that's stopped anyone else from doing "reboots" when they think the gain is higher than if they stayed course.
But my stance is that I don't think they would do it because of bitching fanboys, but it's also not something I'd dismiss out of hand because they built the Veil, and you don't create something with that power just to use as a "get out of Ahsoka's death free" card.

1 minute ago, Raziel said:

True, but it's not like that's stopped anyone else from doing "reboots" when they think the gain is higher than if they stayed course.
But my stance is that I don't think they would do it because of bitching fanboys, but it's also not something I'd dismiss out of hand because they built the Veil, and you don't create something with that power just to use as a "get out of Ahsoka's death free" card.

Wasn’t it a Lucas legacy idea? 

Eh, I don't fault Disney one bit for saying that the EU stuff doesn't apply. It gave them more of a fresh slate and the actual in cannon stuff we've received since between the comics, new books, and animated series have been mostly excellent. Plus, they've taken shit from the EU and re-implemented it into the new cannon here and there.

Plus, the amount of people who know about the Veil of the Force is small and using something like that would be like having Avengers Endgame end with another snap re-setting time all the way back to the beginning or giving Scarlet Witch a freak out, no more mutants type of moment. The snap in and of itself is probably the ceiling for wacky shit. Using the Veil and trying to explain how or why it reset everything so we now have these new movies and shit would be maybe the biggest stretch in movies ever.

Not to mention it would require a lot of fucking around with the new movies that are already being worked on in some capacity.

Although, this is Kathleen Kennedy and JJ we're talking about, so the hell knows.

• Like 2

Rebels was all post Buyout.  It's said that Filoni and Lucas talked about it, but it was way past when Lucas had any say.  Now, there was Legacy stuff that was close to what the Veil ended up being with Timewalking, but that was only backwards, and you couldn't actually change anything huge, just be a passive observer (it was similar to what GoT ended up using as the Tree-Eyed Raven's time warging).  

Like I said, I doubt seriously Disney would do it so close to the movies and with so much stuff left to go without hitting a reset button, but the fact remains, you don't introduce something that like that and just use it to get out of one death in a previous season.  There's some kind of plan for it down the line somewhere.

I mean, as far as "not explaining shit" goes, they hand waved 90% of the Sequel Trilogy's background and did the big announcement of Palpatine Lives in a Fortnite session, so I'm not putting anything past them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2