DVDVR Message Board

The Big Game, v.51

Dolfan in NYC

6 hours ago, Dewar said:

Isn't the NFL one of those shit leagues who hands the trophy to the owner?

Eventually, everyone touches it at some point.

On ‎2017‎-‎01‎-‎25 at 1:39 AM, Ryan said:

Eventually, everyone touches it at some point.

Yes, but the narrative of "oooohhhh, he has to hand the trophy to asshat Tom Brady" isn't something that will actually happen. He will have to hand the trophy to lit AF Bob Kraft, and then exit stage right.

On 1/24/2017 at 4:07 PM, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Not going to lie, I kinda want the Patriots to win so Roger Goodell has to hand Brady and the Hoodie the trophy.  I don't even dislike the league officers or anything.  

While I personally want the Falcons to win, if the Pats win I hope Kraft is drunk as hell because he comes off like a no filter drunk to me.  

What are the Vegas odds on Kraft throwing up on something in the celebration

I was leaning ATL all week, but I get the feeling it's gonna be a NE blowout.

Hanging around downtown yesterday, I also think it's going to be a very pro-Pats crowd. Falcons gear is outnumbered 5 to 1 by Pats gear. They also had to cancel the Falcons rally due to low attendance.

i think it'll be ugly fast.

If history tells us anything, it's that it'll be a down to the wire classic because that's what these Pats do at the Big Game.

I think New England's offense is (terrible grammar warning) a bit more better than Atlanta's defense than the reverse. I have an easier time seeing New England getting a couple of key stops than Atlanta, but I'd I was a betting man, I'd take the over

official Tecmo Super Bowl prediction:                 Falcons 12, Patriots 7.

this game was ALL Falcons. a number of interceptions, a couple forced fumbles, and even a safety! Their offense was all over too, with great running and pretty decent passing. Pats had some key moments to hold the score so low. New England couldn't get anything going.  

of course, i don't think Tecmo SB has been right in the six or so years i've been doing it this time, so who knows.