DVDVR Message Board

Zekesdad

Hello everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. My names Chris, I'm a life long wrestling fan been watching for 30 years. I also enjoy my comics and movies as well but I'm primarily a huge wrestling fan. I've Dipped my feet in some Japanese and Lucha but not as well rounded in it as I'd like to be. Mainly started with WWF as a young kid, found NWA in the late 80s. I remember the first show I ever saw was when Ricky Steamboat returned as Eddie Gilbert's tag partner. I was mesmerized and instantly loved It. I of course continued to watch the WWF and started to get the Apter mags and buy tapes through the mail. I was a huge ECW fan as well. I can't say I really prefer one style over the other I tend to be able to find good in all of it, even today's product. 

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I look forward to talking wrestling and such with some fans of the business!

Chris

• Like 7

We're going to need you you to rank the following in order of good/badness:

Mark Henry

Meng

Jerry Lawler's punches

Papa Shango's shoulder breaker

Batista's clothing

Seth Rollins' stupid fucking hair

hint: There should be a five-way tie for 1st.

• Like 13

What a great introduction.  You sound like a really well adjusted and rational person

I can't wait for the first time you tell someone here to go fuck themselves.  It is bound to happen sooner or later and no one will blame you for it..

• Like 8

Welcome aboard, man. This is where "men of a certain age" discuss wrestling, movies, comics, and the various other pursuits that keep us wrinkly man-babies.

How do you feel about missile dropkicks? How about Davey Richards?

• Like 6

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

What a great introduction.  You sound like a really well adjusted and rational person

I can't wait for the first time you tell someone here to go fuck themselves.  It is bound to happen sooner or late.

You won't be a real member until you do :)

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

You won't be a real member until you do :)

I've always considered myself to be a fairly solid guy that was slow to anger.

I think I told Blackjack Parsons to go fuck himself in a matter of hours after registering as a member.

The new guy loves the Eddie Gilbert / Ricky Steamboat dealie so I think that he and I will get along just fine.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I've always considered myself to be a fairly solid guy that was slow to anger.

I think I told Blackjack Parsons to go fuck himself in a matter of hours after registering as a member.

The new guy loves the Eddie Gilbert / Ricky Steamboat dealie so I think that he and I will get along just fine.

Blackjack Parsons.  That takes me back.  I'm constantly tempted to start a "DVDVR people you remember who aren't around anymore" thread.