DVDVR Message Board

SDL - 1/17/17 - RIP David Otunga

Dolfan in NYC

Oh man, I hope not that's not what AJ deserves after the year he's had, but the WWE would think that its a high profile match for AJ but he deserves better than having to try to drag Shane to a good match while having to sell his punches and shit.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sublime said:

Oh man, I hope not that's not what AJ deserves after the year he's had, but the WWE would think that its a high profile match for AJ but he deserves better than having to try to drag Shane to a good match while having to sell his punches and shit.

Totally agree. Just seems they were planting the seeds for it. AJ loses the belt at RR or Elimination Chamber, blames Shane for booking the match and we're off to WM.

I will say, I think AJ could pull a pretty great match out of him. Could be entertaining since both like to bump around like crazy.

13 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Bliss vs Lynch falling flat tonight should surprise nobody. It's almost a guarantee with a WWE cage match. 

I'm not sure how it fell flat.  I mean, the reaction here is negative, but that crowd was fully invested in that cage match, even breaking into a "This is awesome" chant which you don't get all that often for women's matches on SD.

I thought the Ziggler-Lawler segment was good, too.  Ziggler works better as a pouty heel who wants to steal the show.  And you know Lawler was all-in on that segment.  I mean, after his return from his heartattack he was making jokes about it the first night that were clearly uncomfortable for his colleagues.  Only missed point was I felt the announcers should have pointed out that Ziggler aimed his superkick right at Lawler's heart, rather than the head like he usually does.

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

You know if Orton found some denim it would be skinny jeans. Hard to wrestle in those.

If Orton's Wyatt family gear consists of the standard issue pro wrestling casual wear aka a tank top, skinny jeans, and a fanny pack, I will hold you personally responsible.

37 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

God, the visions just get worse -- now I'm imagining Orton dressed up like Justin Credible, complete with shaved head and goatee...

Ugh, I think my lunch is coming up

"That's not just the tuna, that's not just coke".

I will show myself out.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, J.T. said:

I would also be excited if Randy Orton bullshit wasn't destined to go down because you know that clean pinffall loss to AA must still be burning in his gut.

Are you sure it isn't burning in his light?

(HEY! Nothing you can say....)

• Like 4

"There you go, dear."

The subtle moment you realize Miz might be a heel but he's also a nice guy who adores his wife.  

And AJ is very, very bitter and pissed off but we secretly suspect he's probably a good person, deep down. He's right to be unhappy. 

Shane is bullshitting and patronising everyone. Cena is casually indifferent and will resort to comedy antics to antagonise and annoy people.

SmackDown is all about reading between the lines these days.

A bizarre segment. I felt worse for the heels. 

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 1:12 AM, The Comedian said:

Miz-AJ is like an 8 star match if they ever get a decent storyline and a PPV main event

Only if it's in the Tokyo Dome.

Or Chicago.

• Like 2