DVDVR Message Board

RAW IS MURDER BEAR <3 <3 <3 - 1/16/17

Dolfan in NYC

4 minutes ago, ChrisM said:

Good, fast paced show, for the most part.  Titus really needs some future endeavorment, though. 

Nah, they'll just put him on Smackdown. He can share whatever storage closet Jack Swagger has been locked in. 

What I liked most about the post match brawl (aside from the lack of commentary 9ersfan mentioned) was that it wasn't a straight mugging like so many of those segments are, but both groups going back and forth a bit with the advantage.  The heels eventually won, but it wasn't just one person or group beating down another for several minutes on end.

10 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Gotta make him look strong right before he loses to Roman.

Yep. Between doing Rumble countdowns and booing the Roman win, I probably won't be able to talk for a week after I leave San Antonio.

No announcers also really helped that finale.

I've written this story in my head that Vince gave HHH a handful of cards. Each card represents a wrestler HHH wants to push, but realizes isn't to Vince's tastes.  HHH can give back Vince a card to get that person a push.  But no guarantee that it'll work, just that they'll get something of a chance.

Not sure what was better... Nia Jax wearing her ring gear 24/7 or Austin Aries's analysis of Cedric Alexander having more stamina because he's not fucking Alicia Fox anymore(and the 1-2 seconds of silence afterward)

That Charlotte/Bayley segment felt like it lasted 42 minutes. And I could have done without Zayn being booked as Sheldon Cooper backstage with Seth & Roman.

34 minutes ago, bink_winkleman said:

Yep. Between doing Rumble countdowns and booing the Roman win, I probably won't be able to talk for a week after I leave San Antonio.

No announcers also really helped that finale.

Just don't lose your smile when you leave San Antonio.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Peck said:

Not sure what was better... Nia Jax wearing her ring gear 24/7 or Austin Aries's analysis of Cedric Alexander having more stamina because he's not fucking Alicia Fox anymore(and the 1-2 seconds of silence afterward)

Aries was gold tonight, between telling us Raw was 33% better because he was out there three times and his update that Kendrick's eyesight is up to 14%. I can't wait to see him back in the ring, but he'll make an awesome announcer when his in ring career is over.

8 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Just don't lose your smile when you leave San Antonio.

There's this one mezcal bar I always hit up in San Antonio, and I'm afraid to say that Sunday morning will probably feel like I just took a beating from Sid Vicious, and no smiles will be had.

More Brock and no Steph/Foley is a pretty good recipe for better show. The opening and closing segments were great, but the middle was still kind of dull. The women's and CW segments were pretty uninspired. When Alicia Fox is showing more personality than all the non-Gallagher cruisers, there's a problem.

Also, I'm ashamed to say I didn't get the significance of "Remember Battleground?" Wasn't that the Shield triple threat show and the "last" KO/Sami match? I don't recall any interaction between Roman and KO.