DVDVR Message Board

RAW IS MURDER BEAR <3 <3 <3 - 1/16/17

Dolfan in NYC

9 hours ago, Rick said:

Sami Zayn now being booked as real life Sami Zayn is the funniest kind of carny shit ever. 

Did anyone else think he dropped an F bomb during the promo with Rollins/Reigns? "Not like a bungalow, a fuckin'..." and I missed the rest of what he said because my jaw had hit the floor.

33 minutes ago, Pete said:

Did anyone else think he dropped an F bomb during the promo with Rollins/Reigns? "Not like a bungalow, a fuckin'..." and I missed the rest of what he said because my jaw had hit the floor.

Yeah, I'm going to have to go back and rewatch tonight when I get home (I watched most of Raw while I was getting ready for work this morning) 'cause, on first impression, I heard the same thing you heard.

Oh, and apparently, no one likes Sasha.  I snickered at the Nia Jax segment.  A roomful of people stand around watching Nia charge down to the ring, climb into the ring, and lunge at Sasha from behind.  And no one bothers to react or call out to warn Sasha until after Nia attacks. I assume everyone in the room was practicing to be a super WWE babyface, lol.

I'm kinda surprised Nia didn't have her theme music play first, since she took the time to put on her ring attire.

39 minutes ago, Pete said:

I just went and rewatched it. It definitely sounds like Sami let an F bomb slip.

27 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Was Sami Zayn doing a Quentin Tarantino impression in that promo?

Being that it was MLK day and this is WWE, Sami's next promo would have been asking Reigns and Rollins if they saw a sign that said dead n-word storage on his house when they pulled in. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

Good opening segment, geat Kurt Angle Hall of Fame video and really liked the wild post-match brawl made better by no commentary. Like @Go2Sleep, I only remember Battleground for Owens vs. Zayn, the best of their WWE matches. 

Roman was put through a table at the match at Battleground, my memory is a little foggy but Reigns lost that match, Ambrose won it.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

Sami standing next to Rollins at the start of the main event made me realize they're giving a perennial underdog gimmick to a guy that's the same size as a guy that's been in a million straight PPV main events.

Funny you mention that, seeing Zayn and Seth on the same team, I actually thought 'Wow, when he's in there with Seth, he actually looks quite built'. I must be the only person who didn't like Raw this week, highlight was the opening segment, which involved Jericho, KO, BRAUNNNNNNNNN, Brock, Roman and Seth, who are pretty much all of my favourites on Raw all in one segment.

Oh and Sami was there too but it's hard to get excited about that.

7 hours ago, The Natural said:

Good opening segment, geat Kurt Angle Hall of Fame video and really liked the wild post-match brawl made better by no commentary. Like @Go2Sleep, I only remember Battleground for Owens vs. Zayn, the best of their WWE matches. 

I think Owens meant to reference Roadblock: EOTL where Reigns/Rollins powerbombed him through a table, if memory serves.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Funny you mention that, seeing Zayn and Seth on the same team, I actually thought 'Wow, when he's in there with Seth, he actually looks quite built'. I must be the only person who didn't like Raw this week, highlight was the opening segment, which involved Jericho, KO, BRAUNNNNNNNNN, Brock, Roman and Seth, who are pretty much all of my favourites on Raw all in one segment.

Oh no - RAW was terrible

I think people are over inflating the 30 minutes that was good to justify the other 2 1/2 hours of their life that got wasted

But hey - they at least figured out how to get a crowd to boo Bayley

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pete said:

You'd think someone recruited by all the top college volleyball programs in the country wouldn't wind up at App State. Just sayin'.

She could've wanted to stay home. Sometimes those non-revenue sports split up schollys, and App State could've offered the most money. Lots of reasons. 

34 minutes ago, just drew said:

She could've wanted to stay home. Sometimes those non-revenue sports split up schollys, and App State could've offered the most money. Lots of reasons. 

Hey, it's her gimmick. Hawaii was RIGHT THERE. Stanford was RIGHT THERE.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Oh no - RAW was terrible

I think people are over inflating the 30 minutes that was good to justify the other 2 1/2 hours of their life that got wasted

But hey - they at least figured out how to get a crowd to boo Bayley

I only watch the Youtube highlights unless a match stands out to me. 

I think Brock did a better job this year making guys look good than last year. Maybe the Goldberg deal humbled him. 

2 hours ago, just drew said:

Volleyball is what they call a "head count" sport at the D1 level, so every scholarship is a full.  No splitting up aid like in track or swimming. 

Not that this was at all factored into WWE logic. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Omega said:

WWE edited the Raw highlights of Jericho winning the US title to make it seem more pro Roman lol.

https://streamable.com/if5pz

Vince is never going to give up on Roman. The fans are never going to fully accept him as the top guy. Accept it and move on. Jesus H. Christ.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Wasn't it Brock's idea to have Goldberg destroy him?

I don't really know, either way he seems greatly improved compared to last year. After he managed to have a bad match with Luke Harper, I was ready to give up on Brock. 

16 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I agree with you @Nice Guy Eddie my only issue with the Roman quest is that I feel there are a few other guys on the roster or in NXT who could be "The Big Dog" and garner more of a positive reaction.

There are several guys both on the main roster and nxt that could be "The Big Dog" and garner a better reaction than Roman. I mean, how much time does Vince need to see that the Roman push hasn't worked? Either he still really believes in Roman or he just doesn't care because there's no WCW threatening to steal his ratings and viewers. Foolishly, I thought his suspension was going to kill off the idea of Roman as the guy.

• Like 1

I haven't read the sheets or anything.  It looks like Roman takes the Universal title at Rumble and defends at WrestleMania.  If they do indeed go with something like a Roman/Braun match that's just crazy to me.  I suppose the tickets are already sold and the subs for the network are already there but man, that does not look like a WM main event to me at all and I don't think the crowd will treat it as such.  I think Braun would be a pretty big fan favorite that night.

I liked seeing goofy Sami, Generico was goofy as hell sometimes but could still bring it, Sami needs a similar vibe IMO.

the Sasha / Nia segment was different and pretty good, would like to see a pull apart between two top guys done in this style, say Brock arriving at the arena and seeking out Reigns warming up in the ring.

• Like 1