DVDVR Message Board

2016-17 NFL PLAYOFFS: CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS

Dolfan in NYC

I am with Technico. If a team I did not have a strong dislike for went perfect, that would be okay, and something pretty cool to see. However, the fucking Patriots doing it means I would have to punch a bunch of shit-talking bandwagon fans in the face, and serve a lot of jail time. So they better not be the next team to go perfect.

• Like 3

Is there any team this is universally not disliked?  Notice I didn't say universally liked.  I mean, is there anyone who, if they went 19-0, fans of every other team would say, "meh...I'm fine with it."  Like I only truly dislike NE & PItt.  Green Bay is probably close, with all that "owner" bullshit their crazy fans actually believe.  So that leaves 29 other teams I'd be totally fine with going all the way.  Maybe we can all combine our lists in some massive Venn Diagram, real scientific like.

Teams I would not like to see go 19-0:

New England

New England

Seattle

New England

New England

The Giants used to be on this list, purely for gambling purposes, but since Eli beat Brady for two Super Bowls, they are no longer on the fuck you list. :)

• Like 3

My list of teams I wouldn't want to see go 19-0 is bigger than others I guess. Packers, Jets, Giants, Bills, Colts, Steelers, Ravens, Washington FC, Cowboys (this is mostly cause my bro-in-law is a fan), and Broncos and I think that's it. I'd be pretty pleased if the Lions or Browns did it cause their fans deserve a big payoff for sticking in there.

I would not want to live in a world where the fucking Baltimore Ravens went undefeated even though I respect Joe Flacco as a person and think he's a decent human being.  Ravens fans are just an insufferable bunch..

Under no circumstances would I be cool with an undefeated Patriot season.

I have traditionally hated the Cowboys, but I like Dak.  My loathing of Dez Bryant keeps that in check.

The Redskins should never go undefeated because Kirk Cousins's failures always make me smile.

I'd love to see the Lions have the opposite of the "Perfect Season" because it would be good for the morale of all of Michigan actually, but fuck the Cleveland Browns.   The sports fans in that city already got a World Championship payoff from the Cavs and Stipe Miocic.

Living and working near DC, how the hell did I forget about my hatred for the Racial Slurs?  Yeah, they just made the list.

@J.T. sooner or later, you'll realize, as I did, that Steelers and Ravens fans hate each other because they're the same, as are their cities.  I'm generalizing, of course, as a Ravens fan who's not purple camo wearing white trash.

Been listening to nothing but Atlanta hip-hop getting ready for this showdown with discount double douchebag and the rest of the pasty curdturds tomorrow. The Stankonia Falcons WILL move on to Houston, and their opponent be damned there, too...

• Like 1

On 1/19/2017 at 6:04 AM, Technico Support said:

I worked with a Pittsburgh fan who, when the Ravens played the 49ers in the Super Bowl, rooted for his hated division rival just because a Niners win would mean the Steelers would have to share that dumb record.  That's how pathetic Steelers fans are.  Keeping sole ownership of a meaningless stat > a rival winning the Super Bowl.

Well that's just silly.

6-2 wouldn't have had the right to share shit with perfect 6-0 :)

...not that I'm bitter or anything.  Or bitter about the fact that neither side of the 5-1 ledger has a snowball's chance in hell of increasing any time soon [i.e. Jed York's lifetime].

The 49ers not only no longer have the distinction of being the only team undefeated over multiple super bowls, but the Ravens actually took it for themselves at their direct expense.  You best believe I absolutely want to see the Ravens get to another Super Bowl only to get their ass emphatically whipped ASAP.  I can't have it, NOBODY can.

In other words I understand that guy's weird logic completely.

And I will always root against any potential 19-0 unless "my" team has a shot at being FIRST. [so I'll be rooting against any potential 19-0 for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time] Duh.

On 1/20/2017 at 6:22 AM, FluffSnackwell said:

Eh, I rooted for the Giants in SBXLII just to keep from having to hear about 19-0 until the end of time.

Seriously.  I wish I could like this post more than just once. :)

I will never ever ever ever understand people who think 6-0 is more impressive than, say, 6-2 in title games/series. It means the second team for further twice.

It comes up a lot with people discussing Michael Jordan.

25 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I will never ever ever ever understand people who think 6-0 is more impressive than, say, 6-2 in title games/series. It means the second team for further twice.

It comes up a lot with people discussing Michael Jordan.

Well, that's because it's all Hot Take Culture bullshit anyway.  :)  

Did the Packers hire Rob Ryan for this week? Hellava time for Crosby to have an attack of Steve Blass disease.( I know it was just the one, but given his history of yips). Not that I really care as I am rooting for the Falcons anyway(my dad's team). . .