DVDVR Message Board

2016-17 NFL PLAYOFFS: CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS

Dolfan in NYC

1 minute ago, Brian Fowler said:

KC/Pittsburgh wasn't bad. Still not a good average though.

Superb Owl should be high scoring at least

Super Bowl should be entertaining but my point is more about the overall product. The Packers in one conference championship game with zero defense. The Steelers in the other championship game and they were middle of the pack in total offense and total defense if I'm not mistaken. Around 10th in both..  There just aren't a lot of quality teams right now

Just now, Brian Fowler said:

The Texans still gave up 377 yards and 34 points. That's not a great blueprint

Well, there was a lot of Brocking that led to easy scores.  Remember the Texans had the ball down 8 in the fourth before the Brockening happened.  Before that, see my signature.

(also, Edelman and Hogan - and really bad ball skills by the Texans CBs - bailed out Brady on a few of those chuck and ducks.)

21 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Well, there was a lot of Brocking that led to easy scores.  Remember the Texans had the ball down 8 in the fourth before the Brockening happened.  Before that, see my signature.

(also, Edelman and Hogan - and really bad ball skills by the Texans CBs - bailed out Brady on a few of those chuck and ducks.)

I watched the game. They did a decent job, but that's a blueprint for "how to not get completely embarrassed by the Pats" at best.

3 hours ago, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

Guess which one is the Falcons and which one is the Packers.

C20VkZ0VEAAo_0k.jpg

Neither, because those are old basketball players. 

• Like 2

You can't disrespect Hollywood Chris Hogan by failing to cover him at all and expect him to not run wild.  The NFL does need a new booker though as the conference games weren't exactly amazing.  Squash match in Atlanta and a fairly wet fart in Foxboro.  I'll take a wet fart with a win, but non-Patriots fans must have fallen asleep by the start of the fourth.

The NFL Roku app can suck a dick.

I avoided the AFC Championship game all yesterday because I knew I wouldn't have a chance to watch it until this morning.  I've made it, brewed a fresh pot of coffee, grabbed some donuts, sit down to watch the game, open up the NFL Gamepass app and there's a HUGE FUCKING SUPER BOWL BANNER at the top which spoiled the result.

Fuck

3 hours ago, CSC said:

I feel your pain.  Gamepass on the XBOne has me having to mute the sound and cover the top half of the screen with my hand until I launch the game.  Luckily I found the correct placement out earlier in the season.

On another topic, how amazing was Arthur Blank's dancing?

3 hours ago, CSC said:

I avoided the AFC Championship game all yesterday because I knew I wouldn't have a chance to watch it until this morning.  I've made it, brewed a fresh pot of coffee, grabbed some donuts, sit down to watch the game, open up the NFL Gamepass app and there's a HUGE FUCKING SUPER BOWL BANNER at the top which spoiled the result.

Fuck

It's not the best. I find it sometimes takes 3 or 4 tries for it to even open and I always have to remember to be careful where I go on the internet when watching games, as the feed is usually about 3-5 minutes behind real time.

As a notorious Packers and Rodgers hater, the NFC championship game was glorious. Especially when the camera showed how PO'd he was every time he went down, or came within an eyelash of going down. The only thing better would have been if Ryan managed to score the TD on that Hail Mary that got broken up in the end zone, just for the symbolic value of Rodgers' Hail Mary getting picked off, and Ryan coming right back and scoring with one.

I hate football. 

I figured that the Steelers would most likely lose, but I kinda hoped it wouldn't be a humiliating assbeating.

So, once again it is that kind of a Super Bowl where I find myself rooting against my conference because of my hatred of New England.

GO DIRTY BIRDS~!

• Like 1