DVDVR Message Board

2016-17 NFL PLAYOFFS: CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS

Dolfan in NYC

43 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Steelers vs Patriots.  Rooting for option 3: meteor strike.  Pats fans will blame a league conspiracy and Steelers fans will blame Tomlin, claiming it wouldn't have happened under Cowher.

Gonna need one to wipe out Pittsburgh too to complete the cleanse.

• Like 1

I worked with a Pittsburgh fan who, when the Ravens played the 49ers in the Super Bowl, rooted for his hated division rival just because a Niners win would mean the Steelers would have to share that dumb record.  That's how pathetic Steelers fans are.  Keeping sole ownership of a meaningless stat > a rival winning the Super Bowl.

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 5:56 PM, Kuetsar said:

But where will we stick the hose for America's much needed enema?

Same place we always do.  Trenton, New Jersey.

I am expecting to catch an asswhoopin' so there is no need to put me on suicide watch.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I worked with a Pittsburgh fan who, when the Ravens played the 49ers in the Super Bowl, rooted for his hated division rival just because a Niners win would mean the Steelers would have to share that dumb record.  That's how pathetic Steelers fans are.  Keeping sole ownership of a meaningless stat > a rival winning the Super Bowl.

I wouldn't call having the most championships a meaningless stat.

13 minutes ago, Infinit said:

I wouldn't call having the most championships a meaningless stat.

I call it meaningless in that four of the six were won 1) during a dynasty run, so yeah, they had a short, hot period 2) two generations ago when 3) it was essentially a different sport.  Since then they've won just as many as their division rival, Baltimore, a much younger team.  Calling attention to that stat says. "hey, we were great a long time ago!"  

It's not the mic drop argument ender that Steeler fans think it is.  It's more akin to Al Bundy talking about his Polk High days.

31 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I call it meaningless in that four of the six were won 1) during a dynasty run, so yeah, they had a short, hot period 2) two generations ago when 3) it was essentially a different sport.  Since then they've won just as many as their division rival, Baltimore, a much younger team.  Calling attention to that stat says. "hey, we were great a long time ago!"  

It's not the mic drop argument ender that Steeler fans think it is.  It's more akin to Al Bundy talking about his Polk High days.

So we're supposed to ignore history?  That's a great crutch for fan bases with shitty histories lol. Pittsburgh has also been in 3 Super Bowl in the past 12 years, so our recent history has been pretty good too.

I'd be all for some farcical team going 19-0. It was all the on-air fellating by Bill Parcells crowning them the "greatest team of all-time Sportscenter hypothetical playoffs Champions" before the fact that made them so insufferable; well, that and Brady going into shrill bitch mode every other week chewing out his offensive linemen in games where they were already up, 56-0. So much overcompensating for Spygate made them dull boys.