DVDVR Message Board

Jimmy Snuka Has Passed Away

Web Conn

19 hours ago, Attila The Hut said:

Makes me wonder how much that Argentino court case will overshadow the remembrances

I'd say you're not going to see Raw open with everyone on the stage and a ten bell salute. I think we'll get the opening In Memory Of graphic, but that will be it.

I was shocked as hell to see it mentioned in a news break on MSNBC last night during a Lock Up marathon.

On 1/15/2017 at 6:45 PM, Attila The Hut said:

Makes me wonder how much that Argentino court case will overshadow the remembrances

That's all I'm thinking about regarding Snuka.  I'm not going to fault those that celebrate him as outside of that he did amazing things.  But I just can't celebrate somebody that literally got away with murder.

• Like 2

I did not realize Snuka was that sick. Part of me thought the cancer deal was a way to get out of the trial. 

Since he died my mind has been dwelling on Snuka and what he allegedly did in 1983.  Without elaborating, my own father did some terrible things in his life. Honestly most of my family have done terrible things in the world and I hope my existence is somehow justified.

As a kid Jimmy Snuka was one of my favorite wrestlers. He was big flashy and exciting. Really what you would expect a wrestler to be. I was happy when he came back at Wrestlemania V. Him along with Roddy Piper I had never seen in the present. Just on different tapes I got to rent once a year. 

I can't even remember the first time I heard of him murdering a woman. Maybe shortly after the first time I was online in 2002. I dismissed it as ridiculous. But evidence piled on or rather the original articles about it became more available.

It was still easy enough to set aside. Nancy Argentino is just a name of someone I did not know. I did not know she existed as a preschooler watching Jimmy Snuka in a cartoon. 

Then the case seemingly got hot again and you hear different stories about that night. You hear her family talk and you get a clearer picture of her. A young woman who got into a toxic relationship with no good way out. Honestly I have people in my own family who she reminds me of. 

Snuka is a harder person to get a hold of. I don't know if its because of my background, but I can't dismiss him fully. He was a drug addict who did something horrible under the influence. I look at tapes of him from the era and he has a demonic look in his eyes. Type of thing I have only seen a few times in my life and only from other drug addicts who have gone off the deep end. That aura seems absent by the mid to late 80's.

Does what he did to Nancy Argentino define Jimmy Snuka. It would certainly have to. But he was a father and had a family who loved him. I hope he was able to spread enough happiness in the world to put a dent in the misery he caused the Argentino family. 

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...