DVDVR Message Board

NEW WEIRDO COVER THREAD

RIPPA

On 6/10/2019 at 3:03 PM, The Comedian said:

I really need to see these guys live

Ok, the drummer ain't no John Bonham, but damn, that woman blows Plant out of the fucking water. I need to see these guys live.

• Like 2

On 5/7/2019 at 3:30 PM, RIPPA said:

Five Finger Death Punch, Brantley Gilbert, Brian May and Kenny Wayne Shepherd cover... Kenny Wayne Shepherd.

And turn it into some bizarro first responder tribute video

For context - here is the original Kenny Wayne Shepherd version (which was 25 fucking years ago. Kill me now)

I thought Bam Bam Bigelow had passed away. Didn't know he dropped a lot of weight and joined that band that shall remain nameless.

2 hours ago, The Comedian said:

Her name is Arcee guys.

It is good to know her name, as I think I'm in love.

12 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Posting all of that DJ Krush stuff in the Japanese Music Thread just reminded me of the most bizarre John Lennon cover you will ever hear in your life.

I'm sorry, I could only make it 46 seconds. Go ahead, tell me it gets better, I won't believe you.

Oh, I don't think it's better.  I just think it's weird.  I thought that this was the WTF? Cover thread and that the Covers Better Than The Original thread was a different thing.

Edited by J.T.

On 7/1/2019 at 8:36 PM, odessasteps said:

Rather shred than dead... Damn, but I love Duane Eddy. (Though I'll admit this is somewhat of a departure.) ?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is weird enough to belong here, but it came up in my Youtube recommendations and I enjoyed Tom Morello's inimitable interpretation of the theme. Also, I'm guessing @Nice Guy Eddie is fan of Scott Ian from his avatar (although he's basically doing the rhythm guitar role, chugging along and keeping it together amongst the cacophony around him.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I listened to Tom Morello's  One Man Revolution show on Lithium yesterday and he played a bunch of covers I've never heard before.

How in the hell have I never heard these before:

Bless you for broadening my horizon's, Tom.  I need to listen to Sirius on the weekends more often.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HOLY FUCK~!

More Soundgarden cover gems gleaned from listening to Tom Morello's OMR, this time from fake bands Spinal Tap and the Hairy Krishnas featuring Alice Bowie (Cheech & Chong).

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 1