DVDVR Message Board

NEW WEIRDO COVER THREAD

RIPPA

Maybe it's time the covers thread, and the not-a-cover thread found some common ground:

And also a live version, largely for the pop the audience gives when they realise the American band is singing in Japanese:

On 10/11/2018 at 2:30 PM, Curt McGirt said:

切腹ピストルズ (Seppuku Pistols) from Japan covering No Security by Chaos UK

I win the thread... again

There's a guy in the crowd wearing an ROH hoodie. It's the block letter logo from the Gabe era.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I fired up the old Soulseek pirate machine earlier to make a CDR for the drive to work and decided to make one with some classic Cleveland hardcore -- Gordon Solie Motherfuckers, H 100s (another wrestling-obsessed band -- one of their 7"s was entitled Texas Death Match and had a guy getting chairshot on the cover), and 9 Shocks Terror; beknighted it Clevo's HxCx in tribute to the great Stockholm's Hardcore comp. To my surprise the last song was this great Hawkwind cover, a fitting segue into the stereo flipping to Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo after it concluded.

• Like 2

Five Finger Death Punch, Brantley Gilbert, Brian May and Kenny Wayne Shepherd cover... Kenny Wayne Shepherd.

And turn it into some bizarro first responder tribute video

For context - here is the original Kenny Wayne Shepherd version (which was 25 fucking years ago. Kill me now)

• 4 weeks later...