DVDVR Message Board

NEW WEIRDO COVER THREAD

RIPPA

Spoiler

A.C. covering Sabbath (and "Abra Cadabra"). In spoiler tags because their full name is prominently displayed. Seth Putnam may have been horrible in many ways but his band could actually play when they wanted to. 

Hydra Head actually did six volumes of split 7" Sabbath covers, so if you ever wanted to hear Converge or Brutal Truth play Sabbath, or maybe Soilent Green mashing up "Lord of This World", "Sign of the Southern Cross", and "Disturbing the Priest", get to it

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2017 at 11:08 AM, NikoBaltimore said:

I would wholeheartedly welcome a PMJ thread and am kind of surprised there isn't one already.

The last thread took great restraint from doing that too

I also assume that Boyce Avenue is the other "big" cover band around and here they are with the young lady from Modern Family (there is a second one where they cover Maroon 5 too)

• 2 weeks later...

And now, an encapsulation of everything that's wrong with modern music. You take a piece of good pop music, like this:

And then you strange every bit of life and fire and passion out of it, until it's just a desiccated dry husk of a tune. You make it into boring music for boring people. You Coldplay it. Like this:

Love this and I'll hate you.

Lazytown songs became a meme with internet hipsters two months ago. There are literally thousands of "We Are Number One But..." videos out there.