DVDVR Message Board

NEW WEIRDO COVER THREAD

RIPPA

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I guess the whole album could go here right?

Here's their cover of "Tragedy" which is actually really good - except they left out Barry Gibb's vocal "gunshot" sound that's so iconic from the original:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKle2p9W5To

I will say this - they absolutely *killed it* on the background vocals and choruses on the four Bee Gees songs.  I'm a huge Bee Gees fan and they absolutely nailed the background stuff.  Grohl himself is a little more hit & miss.

Edited by Tabe
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really have a problem with Danzig doing Elvis, it's just that his voice is dusted compared to what it used to be. If he'd done that back in the '90s he wouldn't have to put any effects on himself at all. It's certainly better than the other "Misfits" doing lounge versions with the Nutley Brass, at least. 

And @J.T. no that doesn't count. It's a guy singing over an instrumental being blasted through the PA. There is nothing different about that at all. I at least expected break beats over it or something.

8 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

And @J.T. no that doesn't count. It's a guy singing over an instrumental being blasted through the PA. There is nothing different about that at all. I at least expected break beats over it or something.

Yeah,  not enough break beats for sure.

Ace of Spades on church bells.

(If anyone can tell me how to insert a video into the post, it would be greatly appreciated. I try to "insert link" and "embed code" and neither works for me. I am not an idiot... Much.)

I figured it out!!!

Edited by Travis Sheldon
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...